Chapter 2 - Welcome to Delusions

Chapter 2 - Welcome to Delusions

A Chapter by Kasumi Takeshi

***Author's Note:

This is part 2 of the onset of Skade's illness, and you can watch the delusions develop by reading her diary entries.

END***


Age 13, Skade's POV continued-

Well my mom thinks I'm addicted to Evony and she caught me on my laptop last night, so now I've lost computer privileges for several months. I don't know how I can live without my friends.


21 days later-

Can you believe that I've become a real person in the past 21 days? I am no longer Alexis, and I won't ever have contact with any of my Evony friends again. No more Evony. No more computer for three months. I am a new person. I think that I have grown up. I write a lot now, and read much more. My interest in the paranormal is growing. I am throughly reading fiction books and watching some shows on TV. If you really think about it, how can we have ideas about things that don't exist? I believe that imagination is the excuse for memories that cannot be explained. I have several of these. Have you ever spent time mentally examining and trying to figure out the theory of paradoxes? If you haven't, you should, because time is the deciding factor in our lives. It all ties in to timing. What is your horoscope based on? The Time you were born. Interesting theory.


16 more days later-

It's been a while. 16 days. Have you ever been able to see the world from a distance, I mean really see it? Have you been able to look as if it were spread out before you and understand? Are you able to think "We shouldn't be doing that." or "Why aren't we doing this?" and know why? Have you ever used the powers of persuasion? The weapons of words? The oldest and most powerful weapon. Words. They can be used as sharp, damaging scythes, or patch-up plaster. They can destroy or create.

Have you ever opened your mind? We all have 'thick skulls' but I have understood why young children are innocent. Why they seem vulnerable. Their minds are not yet closed, filled with truth, lies, and the truths of reality. I believe if I, or you, can follow three simple rules, we can be happy.

Keep and open mind. Don't immediately dismiss something as a lie. Never believe something is not .

Master words. Master the power of words, persuasion. Learn to manipulate them, to twist and shape them, to change the world. Learn to speak, write, and learn.

Yet to be determined.

I don't fully understand this yet. The concept, well, it just seems right. I can say a few things. Us of the theory have interests in

aquiring knowledge

Egypt/Japan

Magic

Paranormal

Supernatural

often, a obsession with dragons

astrology

technology

To put it simply, We have interest in that which cannot be explained.


A month or so later-

America. The free country. The country of liberty and justice. People have free speech, free actions, and free minds. If you're an adult. Children don't have these rights. Children don't have free speech, or action, and spend their lives being told what to do and when to do it, with adults demanding things from them. If you don't want to do anything, you get punished. Teachers send you for discipline that remains on your record your whole life. Hell, even working adults get told what to do by other adults. Is that fair?


Two months later-

I talked to silver today. The government was listening in on our phone call. They're parked in a white van just down the road, and they're also in the woods outside my house.


Two more months later-

Our country is in a very unstable time. No, that's not the word for it. What would you call our country? I'll describe the situation: Our government is on the verge of shutdown. If this happens

(left unfinished on purpose)


Age 14, Skade's POV,

January 3, 2012

It's 2012 now. Supposedly the world will end on Dec. 21 of this year, at least according to the ancient Mayans. Other ancient civilization are pretty specific about the world ending this year. The entire world, it seems, is debating the likelihood of it all ending, and religions are clashing more and more, sometimes with themselves. For example, some Christians believe the world will end and Jesus will come to earth and save them. Other Christians remain adamant that the bible says nobody will know when the world ends. Believers or not, the whole world will be on high alert all year.


January 4, 2012

Have I told you how I've changed recently? Earlier last year I fell in love with Japanese culture. Anime, manga, kendo, nihongo, katanas, you name it, I love it. And my personality has changed, at least inwardly. Well, maybe not changed, but I am slowly discovering who I am and the true meanings of a lot of major questions about life. Through my self discovery I have figured out that I have a talent for attracting and sometimes manipulating people. This is contradictary to my personality, though, because I have become a lot more introverted as of late. I don't trust anyone, and I prefer to spend my time alone thinking, reading, on with my electronics. After spending most of christmas break alone or with under three people, going back to school was a little overwhelming, especially when I went to a movie after school.


January 7, 2012

You know what? Most of the time I write these entries between 10pm and 1am, making parts of these actually written on the next day. Isn't that interesting?

I have been writing a lot more lately, both in this diary and outside it. I've been writing mostly dark poetry and love poetry. And no, I'm not in love. At least I don't think I am.


January 26, 2012

I'm changing a little. I'm beginning to care a little about how I look. It feels weird. Having your hair down after wearing it in a ponytaill 99.99% of the time for years is a little unsettling. Life is strange.


April 18, 2012

By fifth grade, I was already into the occult. By seventh grade, I was in love with it. By ninth grade I was trying to practice Wicca. But then I found vampires. Real vampires. Before I start this, I want to be truthful. I've always been drawn to the darkness, always been sleepy during the day, but not at night. I've always hated the light and sunlight has hurt my eyes for as long as I can remember. I think I'm a vampire. Sometimes I think I'm crazy for thinking this, other times it makes complete sense. Real vampires begin awakening anytime between age 10 and 22. Awakening is when a vampire develops its vampiric traits, i.e., pale skin, the thirst, heightened senses, animal instincts, and reflexes. From my research, I match most of the traits. I've always been pale, the sun hurts my eyes and skin, I have really good hearing, I have good night vision, I don't sleep well at night, all these indicated to me I may be a vampire. Vampires are still human, unfortunately. Just with a retrovirus that changes their DNA.


***Author's Note

Continue reading to see how this new vampire delusion develops and grows.

END***



© 2015 Kasumi Takeshi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on March 26, 2015
Last Updated on March 26, 2015
Tags: schizophrenia, mental illness, mental, crazy, ill, sick