Chances Not Taken

Chances Not Taken

A Story by KateD
"

Not really a story. It's more like a very short, introspective piece about, well, chances not taken.

"

Please No CSS

There was once a chance I didn’t take.

 

I made a decision based on logical reasons; security, money. I took the path that required less courage, less change and in turn gave up the biggest adventure of my life.

 

At first, this choice appeared to be the right one, but after several months, I realized that I had listened to my head.

My heart, however, was crying out in agony. It was trapped in a world of science when its true calling was creativity.

At first it held on to the promise of ‘some day’ until ‘some day’ turned into some remote place, too far away to reach.

 

The part of me which called out for help, for a way out, was silenced more and more by the unyielding demands of science and discipline.

Now, I cannot find access to that part, to the essence of who I once was.

 

I am a different person because of the choices I made, because of the chances I did not take.

 

This I will regret till the day I die.

© 2008 KateD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Life is a journey of a million choices. Today we may feel un- balanced and confuse. Tomorrow we may see a clearer day and future. A excellent poem. Could feel the emotion of errors and desire to change a decision.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 4, 2008

Author

KateD
KateD

Hamburg, Germany



About
Hi, I'm Kate, a 27 year-old student of food engineering from Germany, who is continuously screwing up her life. To keep me sane with all the crap in my life, I write, read and act. So far, most of my .. more..

Writing
Is It You? Is It You?

A Poem by KateD


Silent Scream Silent Scream

A Poem by KateD