Parking Problems

Parking Problems

A Story by Katie Marie

   George Farmer had always somehow had the wonderful luck to get himself into a bad situation. Today just happened to be one of those days. Just as he drove into town to pick up some things for the farm, a terrible storm rolled in over the city. The rain was falling so hard that he was forced to find the nearest place to take cover.
   He had just parked his truck in the parking garage of a huge office complex when someone started yelling at him through his rear window. The storm was so loud that he couldn't hear what the person was saying, so he decided that he should probably get out and see what the person wanted.
   George stepped out of his car and walked toward a tall, very well dress man with jet black hair.
   "Is there something wrong sir?" he asked the man.
   "Is there something wrong? Is there something...of course there's something wrong!" he exclaimed. "Do you think I would be yelling at you if there wasn't something wrong?"
   "Well, I figured you might have just been yelling because of the storm sir. It is very loud afterall."
   The man glared at him, then yelled, "My problem right now is that you are parked in MY parking space! I've parked in this spot every day for the last six years!"
   "Well, I'm very sorry sir. There was no way I could have known that, given that your name isn't on the space sir. I'm just a poor farmhand in town to buy some things and I needed a place to park to let the storm pass. I can move if it bothers you that much sir."
    "Noooo, of course you shouldn't move! I mean, you already came in here and took someone else's space. I couldn't stand to let you inconvenience yourself like you have for me!" said the man, with heavy sarcasm.
   "Well, it really wouldn't inconvenience me sir. There's a parking space right next to me." he said pointing to the empty space to the right.
   "No, no, no! You're already there, and I've wasted enough time on you! I'll just have to find another parking space. I will blame you if I'm unable to find my car after work today."
   The man then turned around and stomped toward a very clean, white car that probably cost more that everything George and ever owned. he climbed into the car, slammed the door, and drove away.
   Well then, thought George. That was...interesting.

© 2012 Katie Marie


Author's Note

Katie Marie
A short story I wrote for Creative Writing. We got random things to put into the story. My setting was 'the parking garage of an office complex'. The character was 'a poor farmhand'. The time was 'during a big thunderstorm'. The situation/challenge was 'someone has accused someone else of doing something wrong'.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked the character you introduced. I liked the way you rationalised the farmer thinking the other was shouting because of the storm. You captured the aggressors attitude well, the ending was acceptable but a little flat. A good story that could be played with a bit. Enjoyed. nice write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this story. Funny part of this story. There are many people who hold things like parking spots and seats as very important. I like the conversation and the very good ending. Thank you for the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2012
Last Updated on April 30, 2012

Author

Katie Marie
Katie Marie

Hippyville, WI



About
I was introduced to this site by a friend who is an amazing writer. Thank you to my friend Cheyenne. About my writing: I don't ever write poems that rhyme. (So, if those are the poems you like to .. more..

Writing