Point in Time

Point in Time

A Story by AnkoStone

But at one point she had chosen me.


At one point the girl who had made my knees grow weak and ocean eyes water and cry out in the night for a love I craved but unsure I ever truly owned, chose me.


And it was I who got to witness her dance as if she was alone, and hear a laugh she hidden from those who could only dream of a joy that she held in hazel eyes.


And it was I that got to hold hands that could have pointed me down the wrong path and I would have begged to follow anyways.


And in everyone I meet, I search for that. I’ve scanned my way through life desiring to once again be a part of a universe so complex and beautiful that strangers couldn’t help from craving, but I cannot recapture what she had opened me up to. I cannot hold onto the song she sung without making a tune.


At one point I had been a part of the world she so flawlessly put together for herself and managed without an effort. You could not imagine the stories this girl held in her and told through the way she walked and how she held her head. And for a glimmer of a moment, I was a part of that world. I was a part of that story.

© 2016 AnkoStone


Author's Note

AnkoStone
I feel as if I am a bit wordy and my message gets lost in my terrible sentence structure. Advice?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on March 7, 2016
Last Updated on March 7, 2016
Tags: love, heart break, sad, craving, desire, wanting, wishing, forgotten

Author

AnkoStone
AnkoStone

West Jefferson, OH



About
I am just a student who enjoys writing and is curious if their writing is good enough to ever do anything with it. more..

Writing