Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Katie Nimmo

Chapter 2

Staring at the floor for what seemed an eternity all I could think about was Mama's lifeless body laying on the floor. Sitting on the sofa with a stone cold cup of tea had never seemed so lonely. After finding Mama I had sat in the same spot squashed in the gap of her bedroom door for almost an hour, finding myself unable to move. It wasn't until reverend Norwick arrived that I actually moved.

"Hello? Anyone in?"

"Reverend?" I whispered to myself, in a daze.

"Oh my Mary! Child, why are you sitting in such a peculiar seat?" The reverend asked crouching down to put his hand on my shoulder. " I do hope you don't mind my welcoming myself in, since Mama is unwell I thought I'd see what I could do to help. Mary, what's wrong?"

As he spoke to my fresh tears began to race down my cheeks. Before I knew it I was sobbing uncontrollably. The reverend held me tight offering what comfort he could. Eventually I managed to stutter the words I really didn't want to say.

"Mama......she's......dead." Just that one word made me cry even harder. The reverend gasped and rose to try and peep through the door over my head where I was wedged in the door.

"May the Lord have mercy." He said crossing his chest. "Mary, I'm going to use your telephone to call for some help, maybe someone strong to climb round the back to get on the balcony. Now we're going to take you downstairs and get a nice cup of tea." With an unwilling half smile I reluctantly unwedged myself and followed the reverend downstairs and sat myself down on the sofa, where I remained for the rest of the day.

 The rest of the afternoon was a blur. The reverend did as he said and very soon help came round in the form of Dr Pemberton and two of the lads from the local farm. They tried to speak to me but I didn't hear anything they were saying, I just stared into space. Robert and Mitchell, the lads from the farm managed to aid each other in getting up onto the balcony in an admirably quick time. Removing their hats on seeing Mama they hollered through the door that they'd gained entry. About 15 minutes after the police turned up, a couple of bobbies and Detective Inspector Williams.



© 2013 Katie Nimmo


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

176 Views
Added on December 7, 2013
Last Updated on December 7, 2013


Author

Katie Nimmo
Katie Nimmo

United Kingdom



About
Former holiday park entertainer. It's taken 27 years to realize how much I truly love writing and it's what makes me happy. more..

Writing
Mama Mama

A Chapter by Katie Nimmo