Pressure of Love

Pressure of Love

A Chapter by Katsuri
"

Chapter One of Modern Daydreamer

"

 Chapter 1: Pressure of Love

 

 

Mm ba ba de, Um bum ba de, Um bu bu bum da de,Pressure pushing down on me, Pressing down on you no man ask for, Under pressure - that burns a building down, Splits a family in two, Puts people on streets, Um ba ba be, Um ba ba be, De day da, Ee day da - that's o.k., It's the terror of knowing, What this world is about, Watching some good friends, Screaming 'Let me out', Pray tomorrow - gets me higher, Pressure on people - people on streets, Day day de mm hm, Da da da ba ba, O.k....

 

 

Oh how that song rang through the cluttered room. A soft tap of a pencil went along with the beat of the song and a bobbing head moved to and throw with the blaring music. It wasn't a strange sight to see. It was very normal, really. This was the daily activity of the young lady who sat racking her brain out on her next great art piece. Her brown hair loosely pulled back into bun and pencils stick from it. Her square black glasses hung on her nose as she sat tapping her pencil along with the song. Her mind not really focusing on the task at hand. There in front of her was a blank sheet of paper. Empty like her mind at the moment. She seemed more interested in the song than what she came to do in the first place.

 

"Can't we give ourselves one more chance. Why can't we give love that one more chance? Why can't we give love, give love, give love, give love

give love, give love, give love, give love, give love? 'Cause love's such an old fashioned word, And love dares you to care for, The people on the edge of the night, And loves dares you to change our way of, Caring about ourselves," she belted out loud with the song. Her heart could be felt through her voice as she finished singing along with David Bowie. Her head still bobbing with the last bit of music that was heard.

 

"Impressive. Very Very Impressive." A low booming voice came out of no where. It made the girl jump. Almost falling off the stool she sat on. Her heart raced as she turned to meet the eyes that frightened her so.

 

She could not believe her eyes. What she saw standing in front of her was a striking young man. Very much older than herself. His hair the color of hers but his eyes were a deep blue. She stared into those endless eyes a smile came on her face as she raced towards him. Arms wide open, full of love.

 

"Brother!" She shouted as she threw her body and arms around him. Her head buried deep into his chest and her nails dug into his back.She was not willing to let him go. She could fill his chest move from the deep laughter he let out.

 

"It's good to see you too, Abigail. What have you been up too in here? It's a massive wreck?" Her brother questioned, still chuckling as she let him go.

 

"Actually I really don't know?" Abigail said with a puzzled look on her face. She had completely forgotten that she was searching for art supplies through out her studio and made a mess of the place. She let out a giggle from her voice remembering why it was such a mess. "I remember now! I was looking around for some art supplies...I don't remember what kind because once I started I forgot..."

 

"That is so you..."Her brother stated as he stepped further into her studio. "It's a shame that mom let you take over the garage and turned into your studio."

 

"And what's wrong with that, Rodney?" Abigail stressed her brothers name, knowing how much he hated it. 

 

"Why do you do that?" Rodney asked his little sister.

 

"Oh, I don't know, because its fun." She said with a smile on her face. It was just then when she smiled, he picked up his little sister and swung her onto his shoulders. It was then they began their catching up since he had been gone.



© 2008 Katsuri


Author's Note

Katsuri
The beginning of chapter one, its not quite there yet. I just want some input before I continue more.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

138 Views
Added on July 25, 2008


Author

Katsuri
Katsuri

Kingsport, TN



About
Im an artist of all kinds. Im trying to explore the writer side of my artistic skill. more..

Writing