Cherished

Cherished

A Chapter by Katt Knipp
"

we get a look at Lady Luna a.k.a Abbie and the connection she longs for knowing its out of reach, as she looses another connection that had been another pillar of her strength

"

The sound of the rushing water was blissful this time of year, the way the moons refection bounced off the water always made her smile. The moon always seemed to draw her in to its cool glow she felt like she should be apart of it and even some how missed it, it was an odd feeling considering she had little to do with the moon. She fell back into the blue grass and let its blades tickle her flesh. It was a crisp day or what amounted to a day on Lunara, it was also a rare event because it was a day she had to herself. She sighed happily, there wasn't anything better then spending the day with someone you really enjoyed being around.

“ you day dreaming again abbs ?” a deep voice said before chuckling softly. She knew that voice she had it memorized. Laughing she rolled on to her stomach “ no just enjoying the day. Its not often I get a full day to just stay home” she watched as his expression saddened, “ yeah its hard not to notice these kinds of things” he said as he looked up at the moon. “ maybe you should find a wife, settle down and have children you would hardly notice I was gone then” she offered. And though she meant the statement it pained her to say it, deep down she cherished him considered him hers . But she knew that wasn't true he deserved someone who could attend to his every need, not a woman who at any moment would have to go off and save the day.

“ are you kidding me abb's you know I'm holding out for that one special lady” he wagged his brows back and forth playfully. “ oh yeah and who's the sorry sap that's going to get saddled with you” she teased him back. This was there own playful banter they both knew how this was going to end. He wouldn't answer her but instead just smile at her. The weight of his gaze was heavy she could feel it pressing down. She rolled over onto her back to look at the moon once more, it was like staring at a place that used to be home but that wasn't the case she was born on Lunara.

“ Abb's” he said taking a seat next to her in the grass, his presents calming her loneliness as it always had. “ its becoming more dangerous, I’m worried that you are going to get hurt going out the way you do” he picked at a blade of grass “ I worry that you are going to get hurt or worse”. She looked over at him her attention drawn to the reality of his words because he had even began to notice this as well. “ I can't leave the people on there own Nero there are to many good people out there to let just a few corrupt ones step in and take advantage of them” she sighed as his startling blue eyes looked at her, she could tell he knew she spoke the truth but still worried. She admired his kindness and wondered how he had managed to turn out so well, when he had every right to be bitter and angry with the world. The jagged scar on his stomach was a reminder of that.

He nodded as his attention returned to the blade of grass that he had been fiddling with, she suddenly missed his attention. The wind shifted as the sun blossoms that sat in a cluster close to her feet opened up and began to glow softly, there scent filling the air. She breathed deep and relaxed a little more. “each time I leave, I wonder if I was the right person to be chosen, that maybe fate got the wrong person for this job, I go out and I listen to them I see what they are doing wrong and its all left to me to make it all better, is it right for me to have this much say when it comes to so many lives, I have to worry about the food I eat, the water I drink, while I am gone. I pray every night that I make it back alive and safe. And I breath a breath of relief when I come home and you and mom are the first people I see” she said softly. “ I’m more aware of the danger then you think, but if I don't go and I don't make the decision then where does that leave the people, when they are on the verge of Waring with each other do I just leave them to there deaths when so many can be saved on my words alone? “ she thought out loud .

“ walking away will never be an option” she closed her eyes, the material of her skirts shifting as the wind started to pick up, molding to her slim frame and showing off her body. Nero watched this as he sat silently, would he ever be able to love her as she so deserved when he was a simple farm hand, she was everything he would ever want and there was never going to be any body who would change that. He knew he be longed with her but he was nothing, and she was this planets one hope. He closed his eyes painfully as his chest constricted. A small gentle touch on his shoulder told him that she had come to his side as she always seem to do when he needed her the most. He opened his eyes looking at her small fingers wishing he could take her into his arms and just hold her protecting her from all her own fears and the dangers of the ever changing world around them.

The silence hung between them, but sometimes the words weren't needed to convey what the other was thinking or feeling, it was as if they were connected in a way that no one else would ever be. He didn't dare to touch her hand, didn't dare to show her the pain he was going through but she knew anyways and she was there with him offering her support and kindness. “ you weren't chosen by mistake Abbie you are a perfect fit for the role you have been give on Lunara we are lucky to have you “ he said softly not daring to look up at her. “ they don't see everything you have given up for them, they don't see the children you don't have or the husband you can't love, all they see is Lady Luna the peace keeper, but I see it the danger you put your self in every time you leave I do see it” he said gently keeping his pain for her tucked deep inside.

He felt her arms wrap around his neck just before her body pressed to his in a loving hug, as she burred her face against his neck” I don't deserve a friend like you Nero, and you deserve a better friend then me” she whispered . He could feel she was close to tears so he gently wrapped his arms around her waste “ your the perfect friend for me more then I’ll ever deserve “ he gently rubbed her back trying to calm her. Some things were just better left unsaid, at least that was how he was starting to feel about things. He could love her from afar and be the support that she needed when she came home, and it was enough for him, she was enough for him everything else that came before or after her was secondary. She would always be in the forefront of his mind.

She curled against him her scent wrapping around him reminding him that she was there that at this moment she needed him, he gently stroked her hair and as softly as possible and said “ don't worry about me abb's you have more important things to trouble yourself over don't ever let me be one of them alright” his breath whispered past her ear picking up stray strands of her hair and whisking them into the breeze. Deep inside he wanted to hold her like this for the rest of his life but that wasn't going to happen and eventually she was going to find someone she was interested in and fall in love, he would be left to watch her from the side lines to guard her from the shadows and love her from the darkness.

She stayed against him taking in the comfort that only his touch had ever brought her, she shared a special connection with him that she knew she would never have with anyone else, but even so she would never be able to share her life with him it would only bring him displeasure, she wouldn't be able to bear it if something happened to him because of her, the world was becoming more dangerous and each time she left she was risking not only her life but the lives of those closest to her, her own mother had taken to keeping a weapon by the door, Lady Luna was the name of every peace keeper it was supposed to protect the women and there families from any harm that come. To walk around in heavy robes that hide there faces and never be seen. That was the way of the peace keeper, but over the generations it seemed that even with these pro-cations there identities some how managed to get out. It wasn't uncommon for people to try and corrupt the peace keeper. The peace keeper before her had been killed because she could not be swayed, and she was unable to protect herself properly.

Now there were monks who had taken to swearing there lives to protecting the lady Luna and all she stood for. They would show up when she was needed and escort her to where she needed to be weather that was 15 minuets away or weeks or months. They were there to protect her at all times they spent their every waking moment honing their bodies to be in peek shape and was ready to lay down there lives to save hers. They called themselves the Lunaknights, she was grateful to them but even with in that faith there were those who could be corrupted.

She memorized his touch the feel of his skin the scent of his flesh the rise and fall of his chest, she took it all in and held it lovingly in her thoughts because she would never be able to hold him the way she wanted to, she would never be able to give him the life he deserved and as in tune with each other as they were she was unable to bring herself to ask him to take on that kind of burden. He was a simple man with simple tastes and she was lady Luna daughter of the moon leader of those who are lost.

Closing her eyes she untangled herself from his embrace and with that space and distance she put between them came with it the emptiness and loss, he was handsome with those beautiful blue eyes and short shaggy blue black hair, if there was such a thing as the perfect man he would be it. He was her perfect idea of the ideal man. She tucked her flaxen hair behind her ear and took a deep breath, his warmth lost but never forgotten. Her cool gray eyes looking back out over the water.

The wind was starting to pick up her almost sheer gown waving into the breeze, it was so easy for Nero to see her shapely body more clearly. But he knew what it looked like, he had grown up beside her watching her change from a gangling little girl to a curvaceous young woman. As she had watched him grow up from a rebellious little boy who thought he was some kind of god. He snickered at the thought, he was now realized he was never a god but only felt like one because she was beside him smiling and guiding him to be something better then what everyone was trying to make him out to be. It was because of her that he even had a place in this small community, she had made it possible for him to stay after the murder of his parents, had made living bearable when he felt there was no hope. It was because of her that he was alive if it weren't for her he would be dead, she had saved him, she may not admit it but it was true. 



© 2016 Katt Knipp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on August 15, 2016
Last Updated on August 15, 2016
Tags: sifi, fantasy, action, adventure, romance, love.


Author

Katt Knipp
Katt Knipp

OH



About
i'm not sure what to say other then that there have been times that writing has helped me, be it to escape or to simply forgot for a short time. its been amazing to watch the power of words effect my.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Katt Knipp