Hell hath no Fury

Hell hath no Fury

A Story by !FireCracker!
"

Hell hath fury like Melissa when she's bent on making someone pay. Poor him

"

She’d taken extra care with her appearance today, not for him though. Oh no, not for him; today it was all for her.

Dramatic eyes, all played up in shades of gold and bronze that would make her perfectly teal eyes pop.

Perfect skin, not a flaw in sight thanks to determination, a great new face wash, and just the slightest bit of powder to keep shine at bay…and to drown out the freckles.

Wardrobe, beyond great thanks to that one pair of jeans that every girl has that turns her into the goddess she really is, and a borrowed top that showed off just enough cleavage to make him uncomfortable. Done in a dark violet, to play up the rich tone of her skin. Oh and the boots, can’t forget the boots!

She ran a brush through her hair and twisted back just a bit on the sides to show of the natural blonde highlights thanks to time spent in the sun.

A touch of lip balm, with only the slightest hint of color and she was ready to go. She looked great, and felt even better. He’d never know what hit him.

She walked out her front door grabbing her purse and the bag of beef jerky that he’d begged her to pick up on her way home. She smiled, wickedly, It’s good to be bad. She though, happily quoting two dear friends.

Fast driving, good music, and if she hadn’t taken time to do her hair the windows would have been down. She arrived seven and a half minutes late, knowing that he had been there five minutes early. She saw him, leaning against his car and waving at her as she pulled into the parking lot. If he thought he was off the hook already he had another thing coming.

~~~~

She pulled in seven minutes late, was she just running late, or was she still pissed at him? Well, if she was still mad, he did kind of deserve it. He waved at her as she parked, and started towards her car. No need to prolong the inevitable. But then again… he slowed his pace to more of a saunter, maybe?

Her car door opened and she extended a leg to get out, there was something different about that. He slowed even more, suddenly unsure.

She got out of her car as he watched, one hand curled around her keys, aggie key chain catching the sunlight and throwing it back in multiple directions, and a bag of jerky in the other. There was a new kind of confidence in her as she stalked towards him. And he suddenly knew that he was on uncertain grounds here.

The midday sun was shinning on her, picking up the copper and gold highlights that he’d never noticed before in all her wonderful fawn colored hair; kissing the honeyed perfection of her skin, making her glow, not to mention that shade of purple she was wearing looked great on her. He looked into her eyes, hoping to see the smile that was always there, the light making the spectacular color of them even brighter.

They were bright, amazingly so almost glowing, but not with the smile he wanted. Even with her eyelashed half lowered, he could see the lightning flashing through her eyes, and even at this distance he was captivated. Her fury was like watching a storm raging at sea, but there was one potentially deadly problem.

He was the one that put the storm there.

She wasn’t suppose to mad at him, he thought she’d have forgiven him already. Apparently she hadn’t. He couldn’t think of anything to say, between the look in her eyes and that new something about her he was speechless, his words failed him, he was dumbstruck and if he did say something to make it better between them, he was almost sure that he would lose her, and what ever fledgling feelings she was awakening in him.

She was standing in front of him now, staring up at him with those eyes, eyes like the most tropical of oceans, and he was drowning.

He wanted to apologize, he wanted to say ‘I’m sorry,’ but the words wouldn’t come.

~~~~~

She had him, the look on his face was enough, he was hers he just didn’t know it yet.

"Well it’s about damn time," She laughed , and smiling she handed him his blasted beef jerky.

"Come on, we going to lunch or not?" she asked turning to the restaurant and casting a glance over her shoulder at him. He was still standing there, staring at her like he was dying of thirst and she was a tall drink of water. Oh yeah, it was good to be bad…

© 2008 !FireCracker!


Author's Note

!FireCracker!
have at it folks, it's readyto be ripped appart.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Woman can made us go to paradise and to hell too. I like this story. I believe men have no chance when a woman want to take him a part. Description and the detail was very good. You wrote a very good story. A excellent ending. A outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 14 Years Ago


Oh my first off it's nice to see you posting again... oh this is so funny and what great punishment, make him think and wonder and leave him to wonder when the bomb will drop. You had me rolling at the end of this... nice return to the cafe.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 16, 2008

Author

!FireCracker!
!FireCracker!

Clute, TX



About
Well, you've heard of the black sheep of the family? Meet the White sheep, that's right, I'm the palest and most boring person in my family. A little bit emo, a little bit rock, and a .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..