Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Girlpuppy
"

second chapter

"

Chapter 2

 

Chase was running. The City was grey and dead. Three people ran along side her. Two boys and a girl. The four of them were laughing, having fun. Chase took a closer look at the boy next to her. She let out a scream.

 

          “Chase?!!?!” Sara sounded frantic, scared. She was shaking Chase. Chase’s eyes fluttered.

          “S-sara? Uggh..... What the hell happened?” Chase moaned, sitting up.

          Sara sighed in relief. “I don’t know! I turned around and you were on the ground, unconscious! Then you started screaming....”

Chase shuddered slightly. “Yea. THAT I remember. It had to do with HIM.” She pointed to the dangling body in front of her.

          “Why? Did…did you know him?” Sara looked wary.

Chase nodded miserably. “He’s my brother.”

Sara was silent for the longest time. “When you passed out, did you remember a… a certain scene in your head going by?”

          “Ye-yea! How did you know?” Sara got really excited after that. She started jumping up and down and saying “Memory flashes!!!” over and over again. Chase backed off wearily. She finally noticed what Sara was wearing, and what she looked like.

          She had a pretty, oval face, and… well looked exactly like a cherub. She had short, spiky blonde hair, which just went badly with her face. Her eyes were a bright blue. She wore jeans and a powder blue t-shirt. No shoes, like Chase. Now that Chase thought about it, what did she look like? What was she wearing?

          “Chase? CHASE!” Sara smacked Chase upside the head.

          “Ouch! What the hell?”

          “Just come on, you gotta tell Glue about this.”

          “Glue?”

Sara Nodded quickly, her eyes alight. “Yea, he’s my friend.”

          “What kinda name is ‘Glue’ anyway?” Chase said sourly. She was still recovering from the ‘memory flash’ as Sara had called it.

          The comment made Sara freeze. She whipped around, her face fire red.

          “Don’t you DARE say anything about that in front of him! Got it?” Sara seemed to spit venom.

          Chase shrunk back in utter fear. She gave a shaky nod. Sara nodded back curtly, and then stormed off.  Chase shook for a few seconds, and then tore after her, staying a few feet away.

          They seemed to walk forever. Each step pained Chase; her feet were beginning to turn blue. She knew she should say something, but she was still a little out of it. After about a mile, Sara froze. It was so sudden, Chase nearly bumped into her.

          “Get down!” Sara hissed, indicating to the manhole in front of them.

          “Are you insane!?” Chase was disgusted by the thought of going down a sewer barefooted.

          “Probably.” Sara said calmly, then shoved Chase down the hole, plummeting towards the sewer floor.

          Chase let out a cry of horror, and closed her eyes, afraid of the green sludge that would certainly drown her upon impact.

          But that never happened. She landed on a mattress. Old and smelled weird, yes, but was better then green sludge. Chase heard a high pitched giggle from somewhere above her, and rolled off the mattress in time to avoid being squashed by Sara.

          “Wasn’t that fun?” Sara was still giggling.

          “Yea, fun.” Chase wanted to smack Sara for scaring her like that, but Sara grabbed her arm and started pulling before she had the chance.

          And they were running. The sewer had been drained, and it was now just a cold, cement maze that smelled vaguely of mud.

          “So… what was your brother’s name?” Sara called back. Chase closed her eyes and tried to remember. A slight headache began, but she managed to remember. 

          “Alexande.” Chase’s voice shook slightly, but she was unsure of why. She couldn’t miss him. She never knew him. She didn’t even know herself.

          “Oh.” The two girls lapsed into silence after that.

Upon arriving at a dead end, Sara smiled. “We’re here!”

          Chase looked around, confused. “Uh... Where are we?”

Sara simply smiled, and pointed upwards.  Chase craned upwards, and saw another manhole exit. She glanced at Sara, who had linked her hands together, and was crouching over.

          “Hop up!” Sara said with a wink.  Chase hesitated, before putting her foot in Sara’s hands, and her hands on Sara’s shoulders.

          “One…two… three!” Sara grunted, sending Chase flying. She put her hand one the hole covering, and pushed upwards. It flew off. Just as she started to fall, a hand snatched her wrist, and started to pull upwards.

          As soon as she could, she grabbed the person’s other hand. Upon being slightly out of the hole, she saw it was a little home.  She struggled and she popped out of the sewer. She glanced at the face before her.

          “Who the HELL are you!?” the voice was harsh, and seemed to ebb hatred.  Suddenly, everything seemed really far away.

          “S**t. Not again!!!!”  Chase groaned inwardly. Her vision disappeared, and she waited for the nightmares to begin. 



© 2010 Girlpuppy


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
Added on March 21, 2010
Last Updated on March 21, 2010


Author

Girlpuppy
Girlpuppy

NOYB, VT



About
I'm a writer. I'm forgetful, but when i get the idea for something, I gotta write it. more..

Writing
Short Short

A Chapter by Girlpuppy


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Girlpuppy


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Girlpuppy