Leap of Faith

Leap of Faith

A Story by youngpoet98
"

A young woman wonders whether or not she should leave the comforts of her home, or leave and discover who she really is inside.

"

            The wind blew with a mighty force that evening. Standing in the middle of an open road, all sense of self was gone. I was alone, and there was no one to save me. My thoughts trickled with ease down my spine, telling me to turn back. Telling me that independence was for the brilliant and sane. The trees around me seem to shiver with truth, and the dust from the sidewalks arise. Cars from the next town honk their horns and scream bloody murder. But in this neighborhood, there is only silence. On this street, there is only peace. Yet still, I venture forward. My steps echo off the pavement, seeming to mock me and my dreams of being someone special. Copying my every movement and filling my heart with anger and fear. Yet still, I venture forward. When I reach the end of the constricting streets that harbor me in my comfort zone, I step into a whole new world. I step into a future that thanks me for taking a leap of faith. 

© 2017 youngpoet98


Author's Note

youngpoet98
This is another assignment for my writing class. All critiques welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Excellent, clean writing, ease of understanding. I enjoyed this piece immensely. Thank you for the read! And wishing jolly good luck with that future, although you have much more than luck on your side.

Posted 6 Years Ago


youngpoet98

6 Years Ago

Thank you, I really appreciate that!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Added on November 27, 2017
Last Updated on November 27, 2017
Tags: leave, new, teen, explore, city, country, comfort, life, living

Author

youngpoet98
youngpoet98

whites creek, TN



About
My name is Kayla and I enjoy all things creative. I usually write poems and stories though. I recently started college and I am still not sure what I want to do yet. Right now, all I know is that I wa.. more..

Writing