Book One: The Occult (fixed with grammar and spelling all checked lol)

Book One: The Occult (fixed with grammar and spelling all checked lol)

A Story by Kayla Gentry ( Kyrie Kerr)
"

This was a story I had started working on my frosh yr. I never finished chpt. 1 until I found it on a floppy disc the other day so now that its finished Im putting it here for comments and stuff

"

BOOK I: THE OCCULT

A Short Story By: Kayla Gentry

 

 Ashlyn Ravensoar was scared for that night she was to be initiated into the cult. The cult leader was backing down for her and for her only and that was something she didn't get. She planned to talk to Siren or Serenity after her yearbook class at lunch. She wanted to get some answers from Taylor who was the one who she was going to have as her veterinary lab partner tomorrow when they learned about how the animal body worked. The bell to end her yearbook class rang and she grabbed her things and left the room as fast as she could.

 

             "Hey you guys what’s up?" Ashlyn asked as she caught up with the two twins. They looked at her and just turned their noses up and left without a word. Ashlyn stood there gaping at their backsides until a voice she knew to be the guy that she liked out of the cult Jason Adrianson said, "They always do that when a coronation to a new leader is coming up. They did that to Danielle when she became Queen of the cult with me. The Hive is all about respect to the Lords until they're last day then they'll be giving you the respect you really deserve. Wanna sit with me and Taylor? We’ve got open seats. Come on." Ashlynn followed him like a love sick puppy toward the table but when they reached table, she was too chicken to sit next to him so instead she sat in between Taylor and Adrianna Camarillo. "So how was your yearbook elective class Aschy?" Adrianna wasn't talking to Ashlynn, she knew- for even though that had been a dorky nickname given to her by her older sister Annabella- Adrianna wasn’t looking at her, but to the boy across from her, whose name was Asch Wood; It was a funny name for a boy like him. "Fine Adrianna," He was acting like he needed his own space, which Arianna didn’t seem to plan on granting him anytime soon. Asch was in the cult as well and seeing as Ashlynn had to have a body guard for the other occultists that her group knew also ran the school from underground could try to assassinate the others like her, she was going to choose Asch. That way he could get away from Adrianna.

                After lunch Ashlynn had French and Fishing club. She was exhausted after going to Don Pedro Lake to go fly fishing with the rest of her class which, she noticed, Asch and Adrianna also seemed to be in.

                               ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

          "So my Queen, who shall you choose to be your body guard and your successor?" Jason asked Ashlyn as she said the oath and sat in the throne-like chair at the front of the huge room that sat in the catacombs under the college’s Dorm room buildings. "As my Successor I shall Choose Taylor Wills," She took a deep breath knowing this next one was going to piss a certain someone off. “And as my personal body guard I choose…” She paused for dramatic effect, just like the former Queen, Angela Cremer, suggested she do. She smiled inwardly as she saw the grins on Asch and Taylor’s faces, Asch shaking his head at her and looking around at everyone as if they were stupid. I mean, its’ not like most of them already knew exactly show she was going to choose, she’d been hanging out with the both of them for the past two years of school so it should have been pretty obvious.

   “Asch Wood.” She smiled as the crowd of college kids that made up the cult clapped and cheered… well everyone except Adrianna of course, but that had been expected and premeditatedly ignored. Asch had been named Body Guard many times before but this time Ashlynn noticed more than just a little anger and maybe a twinge of jealousy in Adrianna Camarillo’s eye's when her boyfriend’s name was called. She looked like she was contemplating Ashlynn’s murder…or something like that.

   "A wise choice for guarding my Queen," Jason said bowing as Asch and Taylor came up and knelt before her, Asch on her Left and Taylor on her right, forming what looked kind of like a Celtic trinity. Jason handed her an Egyptian sacrificial Atheme. “What do I do with this?" Ashlynn whispered to Jason not wanting to be heard by her peers and look like a total idiot in their eyes. Jason rolled his eyes then grabbed her hand and sliced it open at the palm. “Ow!” She whispered, glaring up at Jason. He ignored her and continued on to slice open both Asch and Taylor’s palms.

     Jason returned the Atheme to the alter that stood near the throne-like chair Ashlynn would soon have to sit in. He picked up a Glastonbury Celtic Goblet, filled with red wine. Asch leaned toward Ashlynn and whispered in her ear. “This is the part that I told you weren’t going to like.” When Ashlynn looked at him questioningly he scowled. “We have to let some of our blood mix with the wine and as the three of us drink it Jason will finish the ceremony.”

    “Oh…great, blood drinking…my favorite past time!” Ashlynn said sarcastically. Taylor smacked her on the thigh with her forearm. Jason scowled at both of them as they each let some of the blood from their wounds trickle down into the goblet and mix with the wine. Jason handed it to Ashlynn who started to feel sick at the thought. “It is customary for the new Queen to take the first drink,” Jason whispered to her. Ashlynn nodded, choking back her revoltion as she sipped the wine and blood mixture. As she licked her lips and then passed it to Taylor- who did the same and passed it to Asch who finished it off- she realized that the drink didn’t actually taste as bad as she thought it would. In fact, it tasted delicious to her, and by the look on Taylor and Asch’s faces, they seemed to feel the same way. Odd.

    Jason smirked at them- at their expressions, at his thoughts of knowing that these three would someday bring about the prophecy that had been foretold to him and Angela three years ago- before finally shaking his thoughts away and looking out at the crowd that was now Ashlynn, Taylor, and Asch’s Occult.

      “Brothers, Sisters, and Elders…May I present to you the new Queen, Ashlynn Ravensoar and her Royal Court. The room erupted into cheers, everyone happy for the three of them. Only one person wasn’t celebrating. And that one person was staring daggers straight into Ashlynn’s heart...

 

                                                    ~*~*~*~

 

© 2012 Kayla Gentry ( Kyrie Kerr)


Author's Note

Kayla Gentry ( Kyrie Kerr)
I haven't finnished reading this whole thing just yet seeing as I just found it the other day. I remember writing it and what it was about but I dont remember most of what I wrote and from "'Ow!' She whispered as she glared up at Jason." on, is what I just recently finished typing up like...yesterday I think ha ha I hope its good! Read and Review/Comment Please! Always welcome!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
Added on January 26, 2012
Last Updated on January 31, 2012
Tags: Occult, Raven, Short story

Author

Kayla Gentry ( Kyrie Kerr)
Kayla Gentry ( Kyrie Kerr)

Modesto (Hell's Wasteland), CA, United States Minor Outlying Islands



About
Hiya! My name is Kayla Gentry, but I go by "The Vicious Vixen" (or just "Vicious Vixen"...or you know what? Let's just go with "Vixen". Make It easier on everyone haha).   Anyways! Moving On! (S.. more..

Writing