Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Heroin

Heroin

A Poem by KeeD

 photo Heroin_zpsd8b32fd7.jpg

I am slowly sinking deep beneath

as the earth's crust it covers me

the waves they gently blanket me

as I float away beyond the trees

 

I see the lady in the lake

she wants me to come drown again

take me to a different place

where the sun still shines and the days don't end

 

I need a chance to escape 

from my whirlpool of tears

bring me the horizon friend

I need to disappear 

 

free falling into the core

I've had enough of not having more

I want to lay before the storm

so I can feel alive/dead again

 

I need a chance to escape

from my whirlpool of tears

bring me the injection friend

I want to numb the pain

 

Heroin

 

 

© 2013 KeeD


Author's Note

KeeD

Say no to drugs, it has ruined countless families.

A little poets insight into what this poem means.
It's basically an addicts cry for the drug, you see how captivated and obsessed the addict is with the drug, he knows its deadly, he knows hes sinking and drowning but the idea of that elevated high, the feeling of being alive which is overrated because its actually the feeling of being close to dead. Don't let something alter the way you want to feel, be it a drug, a woman or man, alcohol. If you want to feel good, do something good and trust me you will feel good.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is freaking amazing!... and the picture is Profound!
You have taken me to the deep crevice of addiction... I for one, am very impressed with the intensity of your write.

I will definitely be keeping tabs on your work.

Well penned!

Posted 10 Years Ago


KeeD

10 Years Ago

thank you -blush-
A good author's note.

The poem flows with a sense of lyrics left behind.

Posted 10 Years Ago


KeeD

10 Years Ago

Thank you Chris, I did feel like it was more on the lyrical tone as well when I wrote it, I did hum .. read more
Tough read for me as my son is fighting this addiction, not too successfully either. You nailed it Kee, comfortably numb might be the answer short term, but in the interim, you're killing yourself and taking those that love you along with....

Posted 10 Years Ago


KeeD

10 Years Ago

I'm so sorry to hear about your son, My dad has been in a relationship with this seductive drug for .. read more
I'd like to address your message in the "note for reviewers." I find it quite a general - and somewhat ridiculous - statement. There are quite a few drugs that have little potential to destroy lives and/or families. Heroin of course has huge potential for that, but that does not mean all other drugs do as well. I know many people, including myself, who have used many psychedelics and other sorts of hallucinogens and it has changed their life for the better. I find it frees the mind each and every time. You have new experiences, new thoughts, and are open to things you may have never even thought of before.

Now for the writing itself: I found it very well-written. As much as I find this following statement overused, it "flowed well." You also didn't use hilarious slang like "shooting up." It was a very serious piece and I respect it. I also found it to have little radical bias against heroin use. Of course there was in the note, but in the piece itself it seemed to lack that, and leave the interpretation up to the reader. Very good.

Posted 10 Years Ago


KeeD

10 Years Ago

I believe that recreational drugs are either considered gateway drugs or not drugs at all, and I may.. read more
This is much like the drug itself,
It takes you away from the world and on a frightening yet beautiful journey into the high.
It brought me peace and also took my mind for a spin.
Well done! ^^

Posted 10 Years Ago


you escape one world and get mired in another that is only a temporary fix...and soon you need escape from that world...

nice reflection on what drugs can do to an individual...they are never the answer.

nicely done.

Posted 10 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on August 22, 2013
Last Updated on August 22, 2013

Author

KeeD
KeeD

Mumbai, India, India



About
Hey I'm Kee, I'm 32 and work as a journalist in Mumbai, India. I dabble in writing poetry and do it purely to pump out the creative juices in my being. Thank you for stopping by, live, laugh and love .. more..

Writing
The Glory The Glory

A Poem by KeeD


Calamities Will Calamities Will

A Poem by KeeD



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..