The Madness of King Cobera

The Madness of King Cobera

A Story by Kris Hague
"

Marku is dead, her family have abandoned her, what hope does Narika have left? After she's summoned by the King her luck begins to change, until she's kidnapped by a man named Damien, he teaches her..

"

He put on a brave face as he was led to Morte Plaza, his expression was straight, he didn't look afraid at all. I watched him from the front row, he was placed next to his mother, father and brother. We didn't leave eye contact, he winked and smiled as he tried to reassure me everything will be okay.

 

"The Diabolis family have been sentenced for treason, betrayal of our government and Kingdom, murdering members of the government is not acceptable, if no one has any proof of any so called conspiracy, please come forward, if not, let the Diabolis empire crumble!" A high noble said as he walked around on the stage.

 

The crowd mumbled, but me and my lover kept eye contact as tears formed in my eyes. I took a deep breath as he mouthed the words, 'you'll be okay.' I rested my hand on my mouth as the executioners put the rope around his neck.

 

"Then we shall begin, any last words, Mr Diabolis?" The high noble questioned.

 

The man looked at his wife and shook his head, the high noble looked at the wife who looked down. The brother whimpered and started to cry. Then, my lover said loud and clear, for everyone to hear.

 

"I love you, Narika Herishio."

 

"How sweet, she must be very proud of you facing up to your crimes, now execute them!" The high noble said.

The executioner removed the floors, leaving them to hang, I watched my lover struggle to breathe as he hung in mid air, the crowds were silent, I watched him choke with my own eyes. I watched as his bright purple eyes, the ones that I always loved to gaze into, turned white.

 

"No!" I cried as I fell to the floor.

 

My best friend, my love, my betroth, gone for good. Never will I look at that gorgeous tanned face, his beautiful eyes, I won't get to play with his blonde hair anymore. Never will I hear his sweet voice again... Never.

 

That night, I was praying at church, the priest was there, it was around midnight, he appeared worried about me as he kept asking if I needed anything. Of course I'd reply politely, there was nothing he could do. No one could do anything.

 

The memory of me seeing him in the dungeon repeated through my head, as soon as he saw me he smiled, making me smile. We embraced each other as he gave me a peck on the cheek. The guards left us to talk.

 

"Why are you here, Marku?" I questioned him seriously.

 

"In all honesty," he whispered, "the government has put a conspiracy against my family, quite a few families infact, what the government is doing isn't right, they're trying to kill anyone that holds a threat against them. What I, my family, everyone wants is peace, we're not going to get that with a power hungry government and a foolish King."

 

"So you did kill all those men?" I sighed.

 

"For you," he smiled, I looked at him with wide eyes, "remember we were walking by that official? The one that killed the little girl for a minor thieving act, sliced her throat in front of us, do you know what I did? I sliced his.

 

You want a peaceful country, Narika, one in harmony, no poverty, nothing bad. Neither do we, the Morte to Amore cult is about to strike, big time, you won't need to worry about anything."

 

"What's going to happen, Marku? I... I... Lo-... I..."I stuttered.

 

"You don't need to say it, I know you struggle with kind words," Marku laughed, then he turned serious. "Narika, kiss me."

 

"What?" I frowned.

 

"It's something I've always wished for, and you know, I may not have long, I have a death sente-" He started.

 

"Don't be silly Marku, you're going to live forever." I said as I put my arms around his waist.

 

"Nobody lives forever, Narika." He smiled as he put his hand on my cheek.

 

"You can't die, not yet, we still have to get married a-and we were going to have children, remember our plans?" I asked.

 

"I'll never forget the plans we made, even in death I'll think about the life we could have had, the children we were going to have, everything. I'll never stop thinking about you, you're my soul mate." He smiled.

 

"You talk trash Diabolis! You're not going to die, you can't." I started to cry.

 

"Shhh," he cooed in my ear, "everything will work out for the best."

 

He pulled back a little, then leaned forward, he smiled and gazed into my eyes, our faces were barely two inches apart. He grinned and closed his eyes, he opened his mouth a little and brought his lips to mine. He kissed the life out of me as he stroked my check and placed his other hand on the back of my head. When he pulled back he smiled and embraced me.

 

"I've been waiting all my life for my first kiss," he chuckled, "so glad it was you."

 

We talked some more, about the unimportant things, then the guards came to tell me my time was up. He kissed me once more and the guards led me away from him, he winked at me as I lost sight of him. That was the last time we spoke, first time and last time we kissed.

 

I sighed as the priest came over to me, "How are you feeling my child?"

 

"Fine thank you." I smiled weakly.

 

He nodded and walked away from me again.

 

Then, the church doors opened and in walked five guards, their armour clunked every time they walked closer and closer, they stood in front of me.

 

"May I help you gentlemen?" The priest asked as he stood beside me.

 

"We're here for Miss Narika Herishio, King's orders." The Chief guard replied.

 

"What does the King want with me?" I frowned.

 

"Come with us and you'll find out." One of the guards spoke.

© 2012 Kris Hague


Author's Note

Kris Hague
I'm not used to writing fiction, nor am I used to writing that much. Hopefully my spelling/grammar wasn't too bad aha! What did you think? =]

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you did a lovely job! You should try doing more to describe scenery though. like wehat did the church look like? what about the place he died and the jail? what were to reactions of the people when her lover was killed? think about these things, but don't force them out. let them flow onto the paper naturally. good luck! you're off to a great start! i cant wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you did a lovely job! You should try doing more to describe scenery though. like wehat did the church look like? what about the place he died and the jail? what were to reactions of the people when her lover was killed? think about these things, but don't force them out. let them flow onto the paper naturally. good luck! you're off to a great start! i cant wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

232 Views
1 Review
Added on April 21, 2012
Last Updated on April 21, 2012
Tags: tragedy, romance, drama, love, death, fantasy

Author

Kris Hague
Kris Hague

Ayr, Scotland, United Kingdom



About
Hey I'm Kris, I've been writing fanfiction for around six years now, however, I want to try something different and write my own fiction, it will be hard, hopefully I'll get there =] I live in Scot.. more..

Writing
Derreameris Derreameris

A Story by Kris Hague