Chapter 2: Darkness Arises

Chapter 2: Darkness Arises

A Chapter by Kelly
"

Kaba goes on his own and finds out it may not be the best idea.

"

Kaba laughed and said “Come on, the more the merrier. I just want to help you out. And no matter how much you tell me to go away I’m going to follow you!” Skyla’s spirits fell. She wanted to do this on her own and to prove to her clan she was on their side. She decided to ignore the two boys following her and do things her own way.

The trio walked up to the eerie Shadow Village, and was stopped by two guards. “You’re not from here, what do you want?” “Get out of here if you want a future.” Kaba was scared and he shrank back behind Ashburn. Skyla replied “I just want some information…” “Get lost.” Skyla tried again. “I was hoping someone would know what happened to my clan’s jewel.” “Go away.” Now Skyla was really mad, but before she could say anything else, Ashburn spoke up. “This concerns all 10 clans. All we’re asking is that if anyone knows any possible suspects that could’ve stolen it. We don’t mean any harm.” The guards looked at each other and then at Ashburn. “Fine you may pass, but only you. The other two must wait outside.” They let Ashburn through, and he said “Don’t worry I’ll get all the clues I can. If I’m not back within thirty minutes, that means I’m in trouble or dead.”

 He walked away. Skyla started to yell at the guards. “That’s not fair! I should be the one that’s allowed in!” One guard smirked and replied “Sorry we don’t let little girls from other clans in unless it’s an emergency. You could get a booboo.” Skyla tried punching the guard, but Kaba stopped her. “He’s not worth it; let’s just wait for Ashburn to come back.” Skyla took a final glare at the guards, and then sat down next to a nearby tree and started eating an apple. Kaba sat on the ground across from her, looking at the basket of fruit. He was tempted to ask her for a fruit, but knew she would probably tell him to get is own or just shrug him off. Instead, he tried to hint that he wanted one by saying “Looks like you’ve picked some good fruits there. I wish I had some.” Skyla nodded and said “Yea, too bad for you.”

Either she was really dense, or she just didn’t want to share hers with Kaba. He watched her munching on the fruits, jealousy spreading throughout him. He gulped and then asked “Can I have one?” Skyla was saving the rest of the fruits for when she was really hungry. She pretended she didn’t hear him, and looked away. Kaba waited for an answer, but she seemed to be ignoring him. He stood up and said “I’m going to pick some berries; I think I saw a blueberry bush on the way here.” Skyla didn’t respond, so he walked back the way they came looking for the bush.

After a few minutes of searching, Kaba stopped. The wind was completely still, and the forest seemed very quiet. His heart started to pound inside him, and his breathing intensified. Drops of sweat rolled down his forehead and he looked around slowly. He felt watched by someone but he didn’t know who. “S-Skyla? I-is that you? This isn’t funny…” Kaba said with a scratchy fearful voice. No response. Kaba swallowed hard, and began shaking nervously. He hadn’t been this scared in his life. Then he caught a glimpse of something flash by, and he was even more anxious. Kaba started backing up back to the Shadow Village entrance, but bumped into something behind him. He froze with fear. A hand grabbed his shoulder, and he heard a quiet and dark male voice say “You should be more careful boy; you could hurt yourself if you don’t watch where you’re going.”

Kaba tried to speak, but he couldn’t force the words out of his mouth. He wanted to scream for help but the only sound he made was a small frightened squeal. The person behind him laughed a laugh that no sane person would make. Kaba stared ahead of him, and tried focusing on the tree. He was desperate to calm himself down. He looked down, but this only frightened him more, for there was a sharp dagger next to his neck. Kaba realized that if he made a move or scream for help, the mysterious person would kill him in less than five seconds. He finally stuttered “W-what do you want from me?”

Skyla finally finished her apple and diddled around with the core. When the guards turned toward the village with their backs facing her, she threw the core at 1 of their heads and pretended that nothing happened. Luckily, the soldiers were too dumb to figure out it was her that threw the core, and she smirked when they weren’t looking. It’s been about 20 minutes now. Where are Ashburn and Kaba? She wondered. She was getting impatient. Her eyes started to close, but she forced herself to stay awake. Or so she thought. Slowly but surely, she finally dozed off to sleep.

“Hey, wake up Skyla!” Skyla jerked upright, startled by the sudden sound. She saw Ashburn and yawned, asking “What did you find out? Any good clues?” Ashburn grabbed her shoulders and pushed her against the tree, forcing her to stand up as well. “Where is Kaba? What did you do to my brother?” Skyla pushed Ashburn away and replied “Calm down he just went to get some blueberries not too long ago.”

Ashburn grabbed Skyla’s collar and pulled her near him. "Are you kidding me!? You moron! Kaba gets lost easily, way too trusting of strangers, and weak. He could be in danger right at this moment!" Skyla pulled away from him and said "It’s not my fault your brother needs a leash. Anyway, arguing’s not going to help you find him..." Ashburn looked at her with cold eyes that seemed as if he was staring right into her soul. He grabbed her wrist with a tightened grasp and asked "Which way did he go?" Skyla’s eyes grew wide with terror. She stuttered on her words saying, "I-I think he went that way." as she pointed into the forest nearby. Ashburn stared at the forest, and then back at Skyla. He threatened "This better not be a mere lie, or else..." Then he dragged her with the force that seemed like a lion’s.

"...That’s all you have to do...And don’t bother trying to squirm your way out of this. If you do...Well...I think you know what would happen." The stranger behind Kaba lowered the knife and stepped away. Kaba waited a moment, the butterflies still fluttered in his stomach. He finally got the courage to turn around to look at who the stranger was, but they had vanished. The terrified boy slumped down on the ground, sweating and breathing hard. He didn’t want to go through with the plan, but it seemed as if he had no other choice. 


© 2011 Kelly


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on May 28, 2011
Last Updated on May 28, 2011
Tags: kaba, creepy, scary, evil, threaten, skyla, ashburn