Tin cans of weddings

Tin cans of weddings

A Story by Kelly

Have you ever seen those tin cans that are attached to the car that the happy brides and grooms drive off with? In a way, I feel like some of us are those tin cans. Surrounding those cans are happy people everywhere, cheering and smiling. They're just being dragged along behind them. Sometimes those cans break off, left in the middle of the street to be ran over and ignored later. Isn't that how some of us feel? I look around, watching happy people everywhere, laughing with each other having a good old time. So why can't we? While the bride and groom are kept dry, those cans having nothing protecting them from the storm cloud looming above. Some of us are prone to this dark feeling of such worthlessness, while others are oblivious to the fact, not that we necessarily want them to know in the first place. Otherwise, we would just be pulling them back. Who's to stop them from those unlimited smiles? They continue to pull us along, though rain or shine. Do you know what the difference is between us and those cans? Those cans make noise between them, while some of us just keep quiet, not speaking about how we feel. That's when we become the can that eventually breaks off and is left all alone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: I realize parts of this may not make sense and this is rather unorganized. I just had one of those days where there was a storm cloud above me and I wanted to rattle the cans before I would forget this metaphor.

© 2014 Kelly


Author's Note

Kelly
Whoops, I wrote the note above since I'm still new to this site. Just read it there, I guess.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014