Me

Me

A Chapter by Keli Renee

          My name is Eleanor Brandt. However, if i ever hear you call me that after first introductions, you will not survive to tell the tale. I am essentially Ellie. I do not in any way, shape, or form look like an Eleanor. Got it? Good.
          Before you decide to get to know me any farther, you should understand a few things. I do not care for your cliched phrases, your empty words filled with unfullfilled promises, or your carefree platitudes. Nothing you say could possibly make me like you, sodont even try. Every rumor you have ever heard about me is true. Well, mostly. Yes, I do take an anti-depressant medication. no, i am not addicted to it. Yes, I did stab some obnoxious chick in the eighth grade. No, it was not on purpose. Yes, I fell in love. Yes, he was murdered. No, I didn't survive the pain.
            My therapist will most likely tell you that I suffer from acute depression. Yeah, right. Insanity is more like it. I havn't seen the inside of a happy smile in over six months. Never plan to again. Is there a problem with that? No? I didnt think so. Dont dare try to tell me that everything will be okay. It wont. He's gone, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. Death is kinda final like that.
         High School graduation was three months ago. I didnt go. Why should I have? But let me guess: you think that because my boyfriend is dead, my parents finalized their divorice, and the fact that i was seeing a therapist meant that I should go and enjoy one of my happiest moments in life, right? Wrong. I really cant stand to be cheerful anymore. To what point or purpose would it have served for me to go to that abomination? I wouldn't have smiled in any of your all-important pictures. I wouldn't have laughed about the "good 'ol times" with all of my childhood friends. In fact, I probably would have stood on a table and given an obscene hand gesture to all of the expensive cameras. The gymnasium would have silenced, the teachers would have gasped, and the precious Valedictorian's award would have been taken from me.
         My therapist would have you believe that all of my "acts of belligerence" are only to gain the attention that I obviously feel I have lost. As far as I'm concerned, she can shove her half-baked theories of my psyche in a place where the sun don't shine.
         Despite my depressing wardrobe of varying shades and colors of black, red, and gray, my favorite color happens to be green. No, it isn't because it is the color of money, or grass, or the leaves on trees. Nor am I some sort of envious fiend. The color reminds me of hope and possibilities. It reminds me of the color of his eyes when he was confused: the muddied, algae-infested waters of the ocean after a thunderstorm and the weather has yet to decide what it wishes to become next. He didn't get confused often. Apprently, he only did that when he was with me. He said that it was because I was the most confusing, mysterious, andcaptivating creature he had ever met. At the time, I didnt believe him. But now I know better. He never said things just to say them. He never made a girl feel special just because he felt it to be appropriate at the time. No, he said them because he believed them to be completely true. And he always said what he believed or thought.
         Okay, so I've alluded to him plenty of times already, but not once have i told you his name. Maybe now I should introduce you to the complete, unabridged, gentleman that i met; hated; got to know; tolerated; made out with; grew to like; shared secrets with; and finally, fell in love with. 


© 2010 Keli Renee


Author's Note

Keli Renee
ignore typos. my keyboard sucks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Damn, she seems so real. And so straight forward. She leaves nothing out. You would always now where you stand with her.

Her personality is clear and crisp, and refreshing after alot of the more recent works we've seen. I can't wait to read about him.

You have talent my dear and this proves it

Posted 14 Years Ago


i like it because i can imagine a voice saying it. i mean, almost instantly i can picture the person, and them saying it, and her personality develops quickly and well. it does get kind of choppy at points, but it's who she is.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Nice intro.

Posted 14 Years Ago


great start!--definitely an attention grabber--i agree with Eternity_Wolf: I wanna know more!--cant wait to read more =)

Posted 14 Years Ago


i cant wait to read more, sounds quite interesting ^^ i like it makes me wanna know more about her and what happened to him i wanna know :P i wanna know now :P lol *hugs* your a truly great writer

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 13, 2009
Last Updated on February 22, 2010


Author

Keli Renee
Keli Renee

Portsmouth, VA



About
Konnichiwa!!! I'm Keli. I'm a 16 year old junior living in Virginia. I sing, I write, I read, I draw, and I'm *trying* to become a good photographer. Wish me luck? Meeting new people excites me .. more..

Writing
Venomous Venomous

A Book by Keli Renee


The Girls The Girls

A Chapter by Keli Renee



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Preface Preface

A Chapter by Nickle