A Poem For All My Dead Poets

A Poem For All My Dead Poets

A Poem by Ken e Bujold

Reading over

Their treasured lines -- through time

To time when life aches

Baked straw rhymes

To nourish generations

Not yet divined  

 

I read my own

Thoughts’ echo

Through time to time

When life aches

Woke senses to sense

Of seasons relentless cycle

 

To lovers

Damned or lost -- 

The ever-open pulse

Of hearts coursing

Along the red vein  

Of humanity’s common cause.   




Ken e Bujold

© 2023 Ken e Bujold


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I always love reading a piece of writing that makes me feel solidarity with the author. We find these words written by someone we never met and suddenly, we are brethren and comrades in arms on the same battlefront. It's that sort of poetry that stirs the blood and renews our strength and determination. I enjoyed your offering.

Posted 4 Months Ago


Ken e Bujold

4 Months Ago

the link between now and then is what allows us to write. Understanding man is the universal theme
FGFRANKLIN

4 Months Ago

Of course finding a bit of self in the words of others is always delightful.
poetry is truly the art of preserving memories, thoughts, truth, life, fleeting moments into something that lasts forever. and what a wonderful feeling it is to read poems written decades or centuries ago and feel the life that was breathed into those words. i havent been on this site in a while, hope you are well and your trip to singapore was nice ken.


Posted 4 Months Ago


Ken e Bujold

4 Months Ago

welcome back. vacation was great. sun sun and more sun.
Now you know I would like if not actually enjoy this my friend. I empahise completely with this lovely write.

Posted 4 Months Ago


I suppose we can often find a poem we're familiar with, yet, on a further reading, have new thoughts. Read those poets, feel one's heart. Nice one, Ken.

Posted 4 Months Ago


A very interesting poem Ken... I get the impression that the dead poets were great for their time, and now we continue to write but in a different way...more free verse, instead of rhyme.... and we write about the cycle of seasons a lot.... maybe because each one is so entirely different, unique and beautiful....We also read our own and wonder about our lives...are we enjoying life? or not...are we writing about something worthwhile?....
Warmly, B

Posted 5 Months Ago


And what a poem it is Ken!
The poets passed all wrote because they needed to and we keep their words alive by reading and writing them, because we need to do what we need to do too! (and apologies for all the oo sounds in the last sentence. I wasn't trying to rhyme, honest!)
And many more poems from you in the coming year would be good too, so have a great Christmas and remember, Santa's watching, so don't let me down!

Posted 5 Months Ago


You put the rest of us pretenders to shame, not quite enough shame to toss away hope that today is the day the muse bestows Seamusness on hopeless oafs like us but damn close to it.

Winston

Posted 5 Months Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 21, 2023
Last Updated on December 21, 2023

Author

Ken e Bujold
Ken e Bujold

Somewhere in Ontario, Canada



About
Writers write, it's what we do. Fish swim, woodpeckers peck... writers scribble (inside and outside the lines). more..

Writing