rantings 003 what teh fudge is up with the rock thing?

rantings 003 what teh fudge is up with the rock thing?

A Story by kenny

So like half my poems are about rocks (well half of the good ones). Now why is that? to me Rocks represent strength and wisdom, which are two of the most important qualities I think. And I think rocks are passionate things too, not the boring things that most people see, but just look a little deeper. That rock you see has seen some s**t go down. We're talkin billions of years here. Fathom that for a moment. Literally hundreds of millions of times longer than you or I will ever live. Of course don't actually think of the rock as a rock, in that case I suppose I am crazy, but who cares?

Now who wants to be the old thing sitting around all the time immobile and is eventually going to be nothing but gravel, and something to be kicked around and annoying?
Well, I do. Why is that? because rocks are necessary, without them, early man wouldn't have survived, nor would the earth, as it would collapse upon itself.... or something like that - but you get the point!

Long story short, rocks are boss, all you have to do is appreciate a little wisdom, strength, and the courage to hang in there.

© 2010 kenny


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

74 Views
Added on December 30, 2010
Last Updated on December 30, 2010

Author

kenny
kenny

About
I mostly write sad poems, tongue in cheek poems, and poems about rocks :) more..

Writing
Measuring Measuring

A Poem by kenny