rant 0015 Vengeance

rant 0015 Vengeance

A Story by kenny

One of the things I feel society just either fails to grasp, or is just to lazy to dig deeper about, is vengeance. There are thousands of sayings that go on and on about how revenge isn't worth it, and how if you plan on questing for vengeance first dig two graves... well, to all that I say f**k you. And here's why: see. When someone truly and utterly wrongs you, and I don't mean broken hearts, or never giving your money or whatever back, I mean, truly wrongs you. It is your duty as a human being to pay that price of an eye for an eye. If you're motivated enough, pay those prices, trade blow for blow, until you're the only one left standing, or you died trying. People read words like die trying or eye for an eye, and I try to avoid those because people recognize the words as phrases, not words, and when it's a phrase, you've heard it, you glance over it. But really think about it. Die trying, to have never given up, to waste your life, in an effort to accomplish something. Eye for an eye, to literally remove your eyeball, just to cause the other person pain. Extreme stuff. Because stuff happens. If you honestly want vengeance, digging the second grave should be cold comfort. And nothing is more comforting than cold comfort, because its the only comfort that's finite. The only one you can trust.

© 2011 kenny


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on May 20, 2011
Last Updated on May 20, 2011

Author

kenny
kenny

About
I mostly write sad poems, tongue in cheek poems, and poems about rocks :) more..

Writing
Measuring Measuring

A Poem by kenny