Distraction

Distraction

A Poem by Kevin Holloway

It's funny, looking back now and realizing that I've done things that I abhorred in the past, still despise now. Why's it funny? Couldn't tell ya, except that dark humor's out about again, playing its tricks and counting its catches. I never intended for things to be this way: so shellish and unaccomplished. It's got me standing hid away in a hall of twisted mirrors. Can you find me? I don't think you'd like to; my true image isn't anything appealing, rather something to be shunned. And I don't want to be abandoned, so I'll keep hiding.
I find it even stranger that there's something that can slide these depressing feelings from my mind, like washing away sin as if it were a thin film of dirt. A strange thing indeed, that I do not face these feelings, or mask them, but that I simply forget them. Reasons are sent down to some abyss and I just smile in the face of my pretty little distraction. That's all it is, obviously: nothing that can stay. But God does it feel great at the moment: perhaps not the sensation, but the lack of it; the lack of memory when I'm smiling, and laughing, and holding on to dear sanctuary.   








© 2010 Kevin Holloway


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on January 5, 2010
Last Updated on February 1, 2010

Author

Kevin Holloway
Kevin Holloway

Deutschland, Germany



About
Hallo, mein Name ist Kevin and I'm currently living in Germany. I'm a musician who loves writing. Though I do structure some things, a lot of my writing is very free and unprecise. Whatever it tak.. more..

Writing