Prologue?

Prologue?

A Chapter by KevyyCatalyst
"

The start of Tera's adventure

"
Water from the cave walls dripped, as did our lost hero's blood onto the chiseled rock below her. Leaning over herself with thoughts of her demise coming close. The only thing that would stop her from letting the sadistic and demented beast in-front of her; was the feeling of cold steel in her hands, the rush she got from hunting, the taste of gold heaved pockets after a long bandit raid. The hero soon thought to herself, "This can't end now, pull yourself together Tera!!" .

She looked fearlessly at the monsters grotesque figure. It moved like a rusted saw blade moves through wood. The monster's eyes reded with blood-lust was enough to pierce the strongest of warriors. Tera's poise was however, unbroken as she gripped a dagger that was fashioned to look like a rose's stem. The handle came down into the flower, the blade's serrated edge had thorns with a greenish to red tint. Tera stood up slowly, as she whipped the blood from her cheek. The monster began to rush in, showing its lust to taste Tera. It's mouth open, showing its hundreds of teeth, and a tongue long as a snake flopped in the wind. Tera stood her ground, slightly bending her knees and readying her dagger. 

The beast, in a dead sprint, had jumped from a rock towered Tera. With a ear deafening screech, the monster came hurling at Tera, as she swiftly side-stepped while maintaining locked eye contact. As the monster grazed by her, she jabbed it in the side. Blood projected onto her, it smelled like a rotting corpse. Tera pushed the dagger in, all the way to its thorny hilt, Twisting and jerking it inside the monster. A smirk ran across Tera's face just before the monster started to flail it's arms, letting out another screech. One of it's hands struck Tera, sending her into one of the oddly shaped bolder in the cave. She let out a painful moan. Bloody cries came from the monster as the thorned dagger, still stuck inside of it, caused some of it's intestines to seep out of it. The monster turned to Tera, and began to slowly approaching her, it's jagged claws ready to kill. 

"This is how I die.... I was stupid to go alone." Tera whispered under her quickly drawn breaths. "I have nothing stopping me now, give me my wings Goddess" .

The monster's tongue slithered across her chin onto her cheek. It's putrid breath made Tera vomit. Just as the monster wound up its final strike on Tera, a small whizzing noise intruped. The monster made a slight jerk and grunt, then stood still. Tera sat in astonishment of her still beating heart. She quickly jumped to her feet, grabbing her dagger. She began to push it, running from one side of the monster, to the other stopping at the monster's spine. Tera unsheathed her dagger from the monster's body, whipping it to the ground to remove some of the blood from it. 

The monster topped over. Tera observing it's corpse, noticed an arrow that ran a course into the monster, standing from the monster's head. Tera cautiously ran her eyes around the cave. 
"Tera! Ha Ha! You really thought I wouldn't want a cut from this bounty?!" Spoke a voice from the darkness.

"Malred, you think of me so greedy. The bounty does rightfully belong to me though, and you still came, ignoring a direct order from me. I should have your head for this!" 

"Fret not dearest, there is plenty of coin for the two of us, however I think Jaffer may have to sleep with the horses again!" Malred laughed stepping toward Tera. 

Malrad had a grizzly look as he gazed at the slain monster. His tall stature matched his personality, and as witty as he thought himself, smart remarks could not hide his true feelings. Malrad looked at Tera with a smirk as he stroked his stubble. 



© 2015 KevyyCatalyst


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on May 30, 2015
Last Updated on May 30, 2015
Tags: Tera


Author

KevyyCatalyst
KevyyCatalyst

About
Hello, I'm 20 years old now. I am Pan-sexual. I am a Male who wishes to be a Female. A lot of people have called me kind with an open heart and mind. I am very accepting, however I will not associate .. more..

Writing