when your mind forgets to consider your heart

when your mind forgets to consider your heart

A Poem by Katie dominguez

what is heartache?..............its the chaotic process of sweet memories transforming into a slow torment. what once was extacy is now an angony that eats at you each day. cherished kisses are now bombs aimed at your soul. Ripping chills engulf your body, but that feeling is a relief compared to what is instilled in your chest. with the weight of each tear spilling out of your eyes and burning a salty path down your cheek, it's too much to hold back. a break down teters on your emotions and dances with your mind. that sharp hollow pain resides endlessly beside your heart waiting for the memory of her to be triggered. and when your mind forgets to consider your heart, you reminese; you remember how it used to be. the flashbacks still stamped on your mind begin to penetrate what she left of your soul and the hollowness of heartache is awakened. the pain is engraved in your heart; its always a part of you. it may soften and dwindle but a heartache is forever.

© 2015 Katie dominguez


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on November 13, 2015
Last Updated on November 13, 2015

Author

Katie dominguez
Katie dominguez

Las Vegas, NV



About
I write to process, it always comes out in poetry. Sometimes I find myself thinking the most poetic thoughts, but maybe I just put on a good show. I don't know if poets were meant to be lovers.... We.. more..

Writing