Window Peeper

Window Peeper

A Story by Monica Rochelle Smith
"

Tanner has an obsession to peep in windows and steal underwear.

"

Moving swiftly through the yard of the Peaceful Eden Nursing Home toward the parking lot, Tanner was on a mission. He could feel his excitement growing as he neared the neighborhood at the end of Eden Street. It was almost Dusk. It was his time. He had been getting more brazen with his peeping. He was going to try to enter the Henderson’s laundry room window tonight. Last night he had watched for an hour or more and realized that he could fit through but lost his nerve as the man and his wife were right in the living room in sight of the window if they turned around. It was terrifying for him but he could see the pile of underwear on the basket that sat on the Henderson’s dryer. He collected stolen underwear. He had a stash that he hid under Miss Avery’s bed back at Peaceful Eden. Miss Avery doesn’t get around well so no worry she will find them. His breathing stopped so his hearing would be heightened and he went in as quietly as he hoped.

As Tanner entered the parking lot of Peaceful Eden toward Miss Avery’s open window, he did so with tremendous satisfaction of his huge accomplishment. Entering his room quietly as not to attract attention yet, he hid his new trophy under the bed. He turned toward Miss Avery and allowed a meow to announce his arrival. As expected Miss Avery cooed at Tanner, asking him where he had been and had he been a good boy? Tanner jumped in her lap and already was planning on his next nights adventure as he drifted off to sleep purring contently.

© 2016 Monica Rochelle Smith


Author's Note

Monica Rochelle Smith
Shortened from a longer version I originally wrote.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a bad boy Tanner is. But it is fun to read and brought back silly memories of mine

Posted 7 Years Ago


Loved it, absolutely loved it. Brought a smile to face face.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

186 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 27, 2016
Last Updated on December 27, 2016
Tags: Twist Ending


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..