Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
What happened to Meghan? Chapter One

What happened to Meghan? Chapter One

A Story by Monica Rochelle Smith
"

Meghan trusts her friends....with her life. Chapter One

"

Meghan woke up with a start. Her heart racing, she was sure something was wrong. Was she late for work? She quickly looked for her alarm clock but it wasn’t there. Her little painted table wasn’t there. This wasn’t her cheery bedroom. Realization set in and she tried to get up in a panic but quickly felt the tug on her arm and heard the clank as the handcuff bounced back against this strange headboard. She was trapped in this bed in an unfamiliar room and had no idea how she got here.

The last thing Meghan remembered was the party. Heather’s birthday celebration. Heather had started working at same Insurance Company as Meghan three years ago and she had become a trusted friend.  Meghan remembers driving to Belle’s Café and riding with friends Bonnie and Jay to Infinity night club to continue the party. She recalled how much fun she had. She recalled drinking too much and talking to strangers and feeling so free. What had happened to her was unclear. Where were her friends? Where was her purse and phone?

Meghan didn’t seem hurt anywhere just very panicked and needing to pee. She scanned the small cramped room for recognition and saw just the small twin bed she was attached to and a lamp sitting on an old black TV tray. The old wooden door to the bedroom prison was shut. The room had an aged smell and the wool blanket she was lying on was ripped and stained. She was too panicked to cry and too afraid to call out.

After what seemed like hours but was really just a few minutes she finally got the nerve to call out. “Hello”. “Is anyone there?” It made Meghan’s heart race again to call out. Who might answer her? She felt so vulnerable and terrified.

No answer, no sound in the house that she can detect. She had to pee. Managing to squirm off the bed and get her leggings down with one arm to pee on the old dirty shag carpeting was awful but she had no choice. Meghan finally broke down and began to shake with sobs. How did this happen to me she thought?

Pity set in and she thought about how awful this was for her. Followed by being angry at herself for drinking so much and putting too much trust in her friends to take care of her. Finally she pleaded and begged to no one at all to help her. She felt she was losing her mind. Then she heard a screen door slam.

Panic took over again as she realized the footsteps were coming towards the door that separated Meghan from whoever this was. Her eyes were wide and terrified as the door swung open.

“Good Morning Sunshine” Heather called out as she and Bonnie and Jay came quickly in the room laughing about something. Meghan cried out “Why am I handcuffed?” Where are we?” “What’s going on?” She asked the questions so quickly, it made them all laugh again before Jay finally calmed down enough to answer. “Well, Meghan, You were a little crazy drunk last night and demanded to keep driving even though you nearly killed us all about three times. Don’t you remember?” Well, we convinced you to pull over at this cabin and had to handcuff you to keep you safe”

Bonnie continued with “None of us were in any shape to drive Meghan” “Don’t be mad at us” Heather chimed in with “You know we love our Meghan” with a sweet smile on her face. “We gave you the bed” Bonnie said, causing the three of them to erupt in laughter again. It made Meghan feel sick. She had felt initial relief at her friends’ arrival. Slowly a different feeling was emerging.

Meghan, trying to hide her anger, asked “Could you take the handcuff off now?”

 

© 2016 Monica Rochelle Smith


Author's Note

Monica Rochelle Smith
What Happened to Meghan? Chapter One.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on December 29, 2016
Last Updated on December 29, 2016
Tags: Horror, Suspense