Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~

“Back down now, or die!” snarled Valen who was crouched into a killing position, lips pulled back so they were baring white sharp teeth. I watched as the two elders discussed the issues each coven was having with the other. Viktor, our elder, is much calmer than Valen of the Marino coven. All I could do was stare at him…Drake Marino. He was the reason that our covens were at war. If his father had not betrayed a Rossi than he would not have been killed by a one of his own kind, a vampire.

          I heard a low growl come from my father’s chest as he stood beside me and my mother, Selene. I was used to being on alert around other vampires that were not in our coven. Ever since I was little, all I have remembered is the fighting and making sure I was protected till I was of age to learn the skills to fight another vampire. What my parents don’t know is that I was also born with the ability to drain someone’s energy, by touch or mind.

          My blood is very rare in any vampire known to human or creature. When I was a baby something happened to me. Even my parents know there is something different about me, but they have no idea what happened as well. They just hope that my powers will subside and eventually fade. See, when you are as young as I am…being that I am only 200 yrs old, about 18 in human yrs, you are seen as a freak when you have more than just the regular vampire powers…unless you are an elder like Nadia and Viktor.

          At least my best friend Sophia supports me and doesn’t care what I am. You may be thinking, isn’t she a vampire too? No, she’s human. That’s right my best friend a human. Surprised my parents as well, but they got over it. I mean when you try to live a “human” life you tend to meet actual humans. She knew there was something quirky about me from the beginning and when she found out she was ecstatic. More she was happy that she wasn’t crazy, and happy that she doesn’t worry about me drinking her dry.

          We are not your vampires that those stupid humans wrote about. Dracula? I mean come on, how far fetched can you get? We do drink human blood, but we have it sent to us from a blood bank. We also drink animal blood, but sometimes human blood has a better taste to it. We do have the normal powers of a vampire: speed, night vision, powerful sense of smell, super strength, and hunting/fighting skills. As I said, elders have much more than the regular vampire. They also have been around longer than the normal vampire. Viktor is 900 yrs old and Nadia is 800.

          Back to the wars, this has been going on for centuries and neither coven can agree on terms. So we just decided to take over the whole city of Geneva and leave the outskirts and forest for the Marino coven. As you can tell, they aren’t very happy about this arrangement, but it was either that or they were all killed and Viktor really isn’t pleased with killing another of his kind.

          That is why we are here today. Valen requested a visit with Viktor and as usual Viktor agreed, but the covens were to come to the so called visit. “Valen you know the rules. You are to convene the covens only if you have a proposition not for a fight.” “Yes, well since you are so stubborn I’d figure I would come with backup.” Valen gestured with his hand toward his coven.

          “I have no time for this Valen; you may take your coven and leave our lands.” Viktor growled deep in his chest. Nadia laid a hand on Viktor’s arm and gestured toward him as she stepped forward. “Valen, you know what we have asked you to do. Now you need to not be a fool and save yourself and your coven from any more damages.” Valen broke out of his killing stance and stared into Nadia’s eyes. He suddenly snapped his head back and nodded to his coven. “You have not seen the end of us, Nadia.” He sneered and turned as Mira the other elder calmed him by her touch.

          Drake still stood there staring at me, hate in his eyes. I stared back, trying to drain his powers but I was exhausting myself. That worried me, it never happened before when I really tried. I snarled at him and he just gave me a smirk and then turned to retreat with his coven.

          “Astra, dear what are you doing?” my mom was touching my shoulder with her slender fingers. “Nothing mother.” I took my gaze from where Drake once stood and turned to walk back with my mother. I was going to figure out how to drain him and he was going to feel the weakness and then beg for me not to kill him. He was mine.



© 2009 ~RoyalVampire~


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Your grammar could be fixed, but that's customary with all stories before they're finished. I really liked the transition from prolouge to chapter 1. I like this Astra character. Drake seems that maybe he's been put in this awful position, but really it isn't his fault. You often saw the younger generation blamed for something their elders did. I am captivated and can't wait to read the next chapter.
The storyline is great and you definitely have me enchanted. Can't wait for the next one!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Excellent start and has a very good plot and interesting characters, well worth continuing I think. I would like to read more, anyway!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! this is good very good! you should contuniue with your work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your grammar could be fixed, but that's customary with all stories before they're finished. I really liked the transition from prolouge to chapter 1. I like this Astra character. Drake seems that maybe he's been put in this awful position, but really it isn't his fault. You often saw the younger generation blamed for something their elders did. I am captivated and can't wait to read the next chapter.
The storyline is great and you definitely have me enchanted. Can't wait for the next one!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

246 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2009


Author

~RoyalVampire~
~RoyalVampire~

Grand Blanc, MI



About
I am 24 yrs of age, and married to a wonderful man, whom I met on here actually =) I am attending college to become a medical assistant, and should be graduating by the end of this year. I am a cra.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by ~RoyalVampire~