The American Couple

The American Couple

A Story by Khyati

She was a budding writer with her horn-rimmed spectacles as the proof. Write-ups governed her life like nothing else. She was busy writing stories for her blog when she saw a comment on one of the posts.

Bleep! The comment was by an American man, who was appreciating her work "as write as rain!"

What could an Indian writer want more than an American native praising  her English! She was never too confident of herself and doubted the truthfulness of the man too. She had to seek the real flaws of her blog that the man, out of courtesy, had not mentioned publicly.

"Hi, Paul." And she initiated a chat with the man.

"I would like to thank you for showing your appeasement with my blog. Yet, I would like you to be a bit more critical about it."

That was the first text in the history of their chat box. Little did she know of the gift God had placed her way.

Paul Atkinson, the American native, had replied saying that he recommended no changes for the blog. He had made her day.

Both never know when they had become such an indispensable part of each other's life. She called him 'Grandpa', and found no other term that could honour him more. Their bond had grown so much so that her contact had spread to his wife even. Lynda Atkinson, the woman she had never met but respected like a Grandmother.

Very little did it feel then that they were not blood relations separated by fate.

She knew a lot about the couple, and always had thought 'Sometimes two good people clash, that doesn't make any of them bad.'

She could have never doubted the righteousness of any of them. She could have never doubted their love for one another. However, she could even not neglect the misunderstandings between them.

If only she could take them away somehow.

If only she could make right everything crooked.

God didn't give her the might to do that, however, as the mature adults were keeping it together. Even after every sorrow they had faced, no strain covered their foreheads. Their hearts had not hardened, and their wrinkled hands were herculean with the power for helpfulness.

The girl had achieved the best example of her life from them, she couldn't deny!

She reflected on every moment she had spent with them, and there she sat, doing the best thing she did, recording and preserving it all in one of her write-ups.

© 2014 Khyati


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

wonderful story sounded like very nice people. Your last line, "preserving it all in on of her write-ups." I think you meant ONE of her write-ups. instead of "on of her write-ups" Otherwise it was a wonderful story and written very well. Thank you for sharing with us.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

:) Thanks.. yeah, that was a typo... thanks sooooo much for pointing it out for me. thanks :)



Reviews

A short one, it makes fora really good read keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


wonderful story sounded like very nice people. Your last line, "preserving it all in on of her write-ups." I think you meant ONE of her write-ups. instead of "on of her write-ups" Otherwise it was a wonderful story and written very well. Thank you for sharing with us.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

:) Thanks.. yeah, that was a typo... thanks sooooo much for pointing it out for me. thanks :)
Great story Khyati. I liked it

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thanks.. :)
This is great :) I love the story told here of people affecting each others lives. The world we live in and the technology that enables events like this story to happen is incredibly amazing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thanks a lot. You understood it very well, thanks for that.
As always great job you have a amazing talent thank you for sharing.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Khyati

9 Years Ago

seriously? :) thanks
There seems to be a story here which has something to do with an American couple, it makes me wonder how American couples differ from couples in other parts of the world, from the title, though from the rest of the text it sounds like this one girl has been helped by the American couple, there is much religious jargon or manner of speech also which suggests there is something to do with church about it, or even the great divine himself, there is much left out of course, though that is often the case from writings, I see that you are from India, or so your profile tells us, I wonder if that can inform people in the United States some how; thanks for sending me this request, I had posted this to my Social Media profile per your request! Thanks, I feel invited into this world of authorial promotion, good luck with your writing adventure as I like to hear as well, perhaps in saying so here to someone else, one carries out the golden rule,

Posted 9 Years Ago


Khyati

9 Years Ago

:) Yes, I am from India. I wrote it in just 10 min.s, and ranted in this form, never revised (actual.. read more
Laura Lynn

9 Years Ago

I see partly, I like the part about horn-rimmed spectacles, when I was a kid my first encounter with.. read more
Khyati

9 Years Ago

LOL! Cool! ya.. ^_^ Thanks for sharing, Laura.. XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

370 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 19, 2014
Last Updated on December 30, 2014
Tags: america, love, inspirational, philosophical, people in my life, life, blog, writing, American, indian

Author

Khyati
Khyati

India



About
An aspiring writer. more..

Writing
The Dawn The Dawn

A Story by Khyati



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..