The Dawn

The Dawn

A Story by Khyati
"

An everyday love story that always escapes our eyes!

"

It was dawn already and she was tightly packed in my arms. She trusted me so much that she let herself effortlessly rest in them. All of her was on me and I couldn't have loved her more! I was looking into her eyes as she softly weighed me down. She was transparent in nature and had nothing in herself to hide. She glistened without jewels and her beauty was of no comparison. Each dawn, without fail, we met; since the day I was a child till that day itself. And even when I had hugged her the whole dawn I still desired her. I was helplessly in love but, even though I was holding on tight, I knew in my heart that she had to go and that I won't be able to stop her.

Every morning she would leave me alone, no matter how hard I tried to make her stay but at dawn with the same freshness she would return back to me, run in my arms at the very sight and would stay there till her departure every morning. I knew she didn't want to go even today, but God won't fulfill this desire. He, himself, had written down this fate for us and we had to live with it.

Morning, an optimistic moment for many, was scarred with the harsh truth for me, and it was coming. In spite of the pain caused by the sorrowful departure, we knew that it had significance for us or God would never let it happen at all. That longing was an inevitable ingredient of our love that gave it life! It was the reason for us not to take each other for granted, and now it's time had arrived.

"Look at the weather!" she said out of a sudden, "Looks like a lot of raindrops will descend down today!" I just nodded. I didn't care! I was busy staring at her beautiful face and capturing it in my mind. Its memory would be my only source of support for the whole day after she would be gone. Just a few more moments before that would happen, I knew. 

I hugged her tighter and told her to take care. She smiled and said that I should wait for her. "Of course, I will!" I exclaimed. I had done it every day and would always continue to!

"I love you, Leaf!" she said softly. "I love you more, Dewdrop." I answered. She appeared to be blushing bright red as she reflected back the sun rays.


"Don't fall for any raindrop!" she warned me. I laughed. "Oh! They can never beautify me like you do." I passionately spoke but she was already gone.

© 2014 Khyati


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love the unexpected ending, though I could feel something coming. Sometimes when I try something like this, people say, "Sorry, what did I miss?" Keep surprising us.

Posted 5 Years Ago


That was amazing. The love that's in the poem you can really feel great job. Thank you for sharing this with me. I love it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing it, Sir ^_^
Thanks tonnes
George Peck

9 Years Ago

Anytime I love reading poems and storys.
waw ! so touching , i love this one a lot , it's mysteriously romantic , it's truly a love story we've always missed thanks a lot for your effort ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thanks for your review ^_^ Lovergirl ^_^
lovergirl

9 Years Ago

you're welcome
An enchanting tale that could be improved upon with attention to brevity. Two thirds of the story is expository in nature and one third narrative. Increase the narrative aspect of the tale and you will increase the dynamics of the story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thank you, so much.
this is a truly beautiful story, Khyati! you kept me guessing till the very end. you also used some very nice expressions. keep writing my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thanks for encouraging me so much! ^_^
She glistened without jewels and her beauty was of no comparison...beautiful description!
The only thing I would try and do with your stories is format them with indents for paragraphs and dialogue should each be its own line. Helps with the flow and doesn't interrupt the beauty of your story.
Another beautiful short story!! WELL DONE!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


RAOrourke

9 Years Ago

Sure here's an example and I think it is what the person below was saying, but it makes sense that y.. read more
RAOrourke

9 Years Ago

It actually wouldn't let me indent on this...crazy machine! Each paragraph should be indented 5 spa.. read more
Khyati

9 Years Ago

^_^ Oh thank you soo much for taking out time to review this write-up and for such kind words. You .. read more
This is a lovely short story.


I only have problems with the formatting of this. To tell you the truth, I would not have read this and missed out on this because the background gets in my way of reading and irritates my eye.. the old white background would bring out the emotion of your story much better..
Think about it. I would have missed out on this had you not asked.
Some lines in between are poetic and added to its beauty.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Khyati

9 Years Ago

I copy them from my blog. The background comes along with this I'll still try to consider what you s.. read more
Stonz P.

9 Years Ago

I will inbox you in a bit.
Khyati

9 Years Ago

thanks loads..
oh that was very beautiful work, and that is talent, you did a very great work :)
keep that work coming :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Thanks so much for encouraging.. :)
you're seriously skilled! this story gave me what i expected. keep up the good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Khyati

9 Years Ago

Oh my God! What you said satisfied me so much ^_^

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

411 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 15, 2014
Last Updated on November 17, 2014

Author

Khyati
Khyati

India



About
An aspiring writer. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..