lands of ever and lands of never

lands of ever and lands of never

A Story by Kiari Sabon
"

Written 2-28-13

"

I have been born to a world of masks, where all hide their true self… or perhaps not. Yet the rules of society hold me bound, hiding the beast you think me to be. So it is within my word you will see what my truth it may be…

In a den I was born with beasts bearing the faces of men. Seeking the destruction of one another… only I could not bear to see as at their flesh they would tear… so stand I did dare… bringing my own pain to make theirs end… but with beasts a little is never enough.. I fell countless times only to rise having death mock me as he looked me in the eye… again and again I invoked our dance… spinning and creating my own world of sin.. The darkness of me consuming my being from within... Ever did the world spin and a way out I could not find, but by the hand of a friend I was pulled from its midst leaving my faith behind I stumbled into a clearer sturdier world where I continue to try and hold my ground. Finding new truths along the way, gaining my sanity and holding to my normality along the way..

I walk down the road, gravel crunching under my feet, as I near a turn to the right I see two paths ahead of me. One is dark and stormy lightning strikes out in the distance a sign points to it saying Promised Land and on the other side a sign points and says Never Never Land. It is light and beautiful like the path now behind me and the trees open creating a large valley where a great red dragon now lay. Children run around it chasing fairies, while men and women feast and duel laughing and enjoying the day. I turn facing the Promised Land. Shadows lay over it, like a blanket and beasts of talons and teeth roar and some even sour through the dark and storming sky. I look down to my own hands pearl like talons lay at my finger tips and I remove my black cape revealing my leathered wings I look back to Never Never Land, running my tongue over one of my fangs. Should I go to this place of beauty? Would I be accepted or turned away? I watch as the dragon lifts its head and roars and those who played fell to their knees in fear and prayed to him begging to be spared with their life. I turn back to the Promised Land seeing none bow and all go about their day, and I see in the darkness beasts of many kinds coincide, sitting eating and talking away. A man with black dead eyes and fiery wings lands next to me, his voice tis soft as silk as he says, “In a land of beauty lays death and decay, and in a land of darkness there is peace every day.”” “Why is that”, I ask and I hear him say as he begins to fly away, “Because light does not always equate good as darkness does not always equate evil.”

 

Through my corruption I found my salvation… and it is not a god or even a goddess...  it is that I may hold my own no matter how much weight the world may bear upon me.. And the acceptance of myself even when shunned for who I may be. You see I am who I am and it is my decision of whether I stand or keep to the ground… for every attempt you throw at me to keep me down is only another scar and like a cat I wear them as my badge of honor if they be from you, for it says I beat you…

Written 2-28-13

© 2013 Kiari Sabon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is quite a lovely story. I really like your descriptions. Awesome job :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Kiari Sabon

11 Years Ago

thank you :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Added on March 28, 2013
Last Updated on March 28, 2013

Author

Kiari Sabon
Kiari Sabon

morehead, KY



About
Im broken its as simple as that but it seems all writers have seen the darkest and brightest moments being able to capture the hearts of so many. I can't bring myself to talk to those i should but whe.. more..

Writing
Rada Rada

A Poem by Kiari Sabon