Episode 1 (pt. 1) : Pet Peeves

Episode 1 (pt. 1) : Pet Peeves

A Story by Kibbs Fortilus


*Note: You need to read, “Pilot Episode: Pet Peeves”, to understand how the show works.

January 11th, 2017

Name: Suzy Ann Smith

Pet Peeves: Loud Noise, Arguments, Bullies

Inner Fear: Confrontation

Suzy: Then he grabbed me by the throat. I felt my tiny hands trying to pry his fingers from my throat. I felt like a puppy fighting against a bear. I couldn't breathe. But ... I was taking in oxygen. I could breathe ... I was watching it...

Flashback:

Narrator: Suzy Ann Smith. Simple name for a simple, timid person. Suzy is a short, red haired, freckle-faced accountant. She finds security behind her desk. She does not need to deal with the emotional burden of others. She can simply crawl inside of her cubicle and solve problems rationally. Numbers always made sense to her. She did not have to read between the lines and fish for something deeper...

"I really do love you. And I am ready to change." He would even cry. Her mother was so gentle and forgiving. And so lonely. She always took him back. And he did change. For a few days, a month, or if they were lucky, three whole months. Until he had another hard day at work. One that he described as “unbearable”. Then he would stumble into the house, breaking the vase near the entrance, the vase that was just repaired, and he went after her mother. And "he" was six different “boyfriends”, “lovers”, and “casual flings” throughout her life- but they all looked similar. Heavyset men, dominant, and for some reason, balding. She tried to help her mother but did very little. She was always too small to put up a real fight, so they simply ignored the punches she delivered to their thighs, and if she was lucky, their large bellies. She flailed her pencil-thin arms for the last time at the sixth man on the night of January 11th, 1997. It was the night of her seventh birthday party.

He stumbled into the house, slammed the door, surprisingly didn’t knock over the vase, and screamed at her mother. Her mother ran to him, got on her knees, and begged him to not be angry this evening, “Please no fighting tonight, it’s her birthday”.

He slapped her.

“You said you would change.” She tried her best to reproach him, but he was not convinced because she was on her knees, her shoulders were slumped, and she was avoiding eye contact. He looked at Suzy with a dazed look, hissed, “Happy birthday, b***h”, and threw a few coins on the floor.

Her mother wept. Suzy was furious. She went on the attack. She hit him with everything she had, but it wasn’t enough. While she was hitting him, he turned around, and walked out of the door. Suzy hit him until he left, but she knew it made no difference. Tomorrow, he will ask for forgiveness, her mother will forgive him, and sometime in the future he will come back intoxicated. From that day forward, whenever he came home, she went to her room. She covered her ears with a pillow whenever the screaming was too loud.

Six months after her seventh birthday “party”, her mother decided to leave him and live in a living community with her best friend. Her mom remained single, there was no longer shouting and fighting in her home, the other kids and parents in the community were so nice to her, but Suzy always preferred to spend most of her time alone. She always told her mom, “I just don’t like when people get too loud. I find it annoying”. Her mom believed her and let her be.

That was in the past. Right now, Suzy is on an empty bus sitting across from a balding, heavyset man and what looks like his step daughter. The little girl looks so much like her. The girl, though small, seems to be about seven years old. As the girl entered the bus, Suzy could not help but stare at her. However, her mood quickly changed when he walked in. They sit across from her. He is glaring at her and Suzy shrinks away.

Let’s see how this unfolds …

To be continued.


LINK : https://humanityinpoetry17.blogspot.de/2017/01/episode-1-pt-1-pet-peeves.html

READ MORE : https://humanityinpoetry17.blogspot.de/

© 2017 Kibbs Fortilus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on March 5, 2017
Last Updated on March 5, 2017

Author

Kibbs Fortilus
Kibbs Fortilus

Berlin, Berlin, Germany



About
Capture the Emotion. Captivate the Audience. Blog : Humanityinpoetry.blogspot.de more..

Writing