Friends

Friends

A Poem by Kim Martin

 

What makes a friend?
A friend is there no matter the time of day or night.
A friend is the one you can blow your nose in front of a not worry how loud it was.
A friend is the one that will walk with you for hours if you just need someone to walk with, for no reason.
A friend is the one that will talk with you about everything around what is really wrong just because you are not ready to talk about it. They are also the ones that will listen to talk about what is wrong over and over and over. Then tell you to suck it up and let’s get drunk/go shopping.
A friend is the one which will help get you out of the sweats you put on when you broke up with you very ex-boyfriend, three days ago.
A friend is the one telling you, you look great, even when you have black circles under your eyes complete with eye-bugers, your hair looks like a work of art resembling the angel hair pasta, dried.  
A friend is the one that even if the guy in your life is horrible for you, well they tell you they respect whatever decisions you make at the same time giving you every clue in the world that you should run, run and some more run.
What do you think a friend is?

© 2009 Kim Martin


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the questioning at the end. Your poem is very nice and also very true.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 7, 2009
Last Updated on August 7, 2009

Author

Kim Martin
Kim Martin

Holly, MI



About
About me, well I am currently a full time student changing careers. I have four beautiful children and live in a wonderful home town of Holly. more..

Writing