The Encounter

The Encounter

A Chapter by Tiffany

~Chapter One~
Do you believe in ghosts? Or some people call them spirits. Because I do. I could see them and hear them (If they are close enough). It was a rare ability that anyone could have. Maybe only one percent of the people in the world would have. Among my friends, I would feel left out or out of place.
I bet you guys wanna know why or how I got this ability. It wasn't because it was hereditary but it was after that one incident I had three years ago. I got into a car accident while on my way home, crossing the road. I was in a coma for six months straight and missed lots of lessons.
By the way, my name is Julie. I'm in Grade 8, middle school. I have an older brother named Henry and we're only two months apart. Henry is the only person who knows I could see things. I'm just a normal middle school girl who goes to school every weekday and hang out with a group of friends and have a crush. I'm sure, everyone sure have at least crushed on someone in their lives. But the thing is that, my crush and I don't go to any of the same classes. He isn't popular, for one thing I'm sure, and his name is Austin. He's friends with Henry, that's how I got to know him. But one way that Henry and I are different from other kids is that our biological parents have passed away when we were only six, but we were adopted at the age of seven.
Back to the topic on spirits, having this ability isn't as cool as you think it is. Because they were spirits of the dead. Only if they had unfinished business, would they be still lingering around in the human world. I've encountered them so many times I couldn't even keep track. 

Today, when school ended, Henry and I made our way out of the school together, like always. But this time, Austin was following too.
"You don't mind Austin following us right? We're going to meet my friends today." Henry asked. He was a great brother to me.
"Ya, sure." I agreed. Of course, Austin was my crush after all.
The place where Henry met his friends was scary as it was dark even though it was day time. Because it was dark, most spirits would linger around there. This was also Austin's first time going there.
As we entered the narrow dark path, spirits were seen lingering everywhere, Cold sweat trickled down my forehead as I was afraid they would approach me. If they know you can see them, they would force you to help them achieve what they want before going to the after world. And if you don't do as they say, they might haunt you for the rest of your life. Nobody wants that to happen to them.
I glanced over to Austin and saw one of the spirits in front of him. The spirit was an old man around the age of seventy. The thing that caught my attention the most was that Austin's face immediately changed and looked as if he was annoyed, he then stepped aside as if he was avoiding the spirit. Could he see them? I thought to myself. I was ninety percent sure he could see them.
As we walked deeper into the path, I felt someone following us but there weren't any sounds of footsteps. Cold wind than gently brushed my hair as I felt someone was just right behind me. I didn't dare turn around as I was sure, it was a spirit. I then sped up. I glanced at Austin; he too had that uncomfortable face. He suddenly turned his head and looked at me, I knew he saw the uncomfortable face of mine and he walked closer to me. I knew I had to remain calm, if I ever freaked out and lose control; the spirit would have the chance to enter my body. Austin gave me eye gestures to signify that a spirit was just right behind me and there wasn't even a gap between me and it. When a spirit does this means it's trying to get into someone's body but the person hasn't lose his control yet and it's waiting for the chance. Normally, spirits are only able to enter people who can see them.
I nodded slightly just to let Austin know I knew what was happening. Although I was terrified, at least now I know that I'm not the only one who can see spirits in my school and I didn't felt left out for once.
Soon, we reached the place where Henry's friends waited for him. Austin and I stood at a corner close to each other. I felt that my heart was going to burst out of my rib cage, first was because of Austin and then the spirit. The spirit wasn't near us anymore but beside Henry. The spirit was a teenage girl around our age. But she seemed familiar, like I've seen her somewhere before. I was clear; I didn't saw her as a spirit but a human when she was alive.
After giving it some thought, I knew who she was. She was Alina. Henry's ex-girlfriend.
How can he break up with me just because he wants to obey his mother's words!? I'm going to take my revenge on someone dear to him.
I gasped, by reading her mind; I knew what Alina was up to. She was coming for revenge. I turned my head to look at Austin; he was still looking at Alina.
"Can you hear her?" I whispered.
"Yes. But what should we do? Only if she get her revenge, she would just keep lingering around Henry and cause harm to him."
"The only way is to let Alina change her mind but it will be difficult and we need to communicate with her..." before I could continue my sentence. Alina turned around sharply and came rushing to me, knowing that she knew I could see her. I screamed as I clung on to Austin. I had let down my guard, it was a chance for Alina to enter my body, but I couldn't allow that. I knew why she wanted my body for; she wanted to kill me so that she could get her revenge, after all she knew that I was Henry's beloved sister.
Julie, I need my revenge. And anyway, you will be suffering seeing things like me, must as well just die and you don't need to suffer anymore.
I could hear my heart beat increasing; it felt like my heart would burst out of my chest any moment. I didn't want to die.
In the corner of my eye, I could see Henry's friends leaving and he ran towards us.
"Julie, what's wrong?" he asked as he paced his hand on my shoulder.
"A...li...na..., she's...here." I blurted out.
Henry turned behind, thus allowing Alina to by-pass him and into my body.
I suddenly lost control, my mind was blank and I couldn't control my own actions. It was like you are in a deep sleep and having dream. It feels real but somewhat it's also wasn't. I tried my best to focus and push Alina out but she was too strong because of her being desperate for revenge. My mind and actions were being controlled by Alina and I couldn't do anything but to just continue to focus my mind. The images of Henry and Austin were blur and I couldn't see them as clearly as before, but still could see what they were doing.
"Hi, Henry. It's been a while since we last met." Alina smirked. Henry gasped and his hand flew to his mouth. He couldn't say anything.
"Since you betrayed me, I'm here to take my revenge." she smirked again and she slowly walked towards the top of a flight of staircase which was near where Henry and his friends met. My heartbeat increased as I knew what Alina was going to do. She was going to KILL ME.
"Say goodbye to your little sister." She said to Henry and she turned around and fall forward, making me tumble down the long flight of stairs. It was too late for Henry to stop her.
Once I fell, I could feel Alina getting out of my body and her gaze fixed on me as I tumbled down. I wasn't possessed anymore. It felt it was forever, when will it end? When I reached the bottom of the flight of stairs, my head hit the ground hard and with a sharp pain through my head, my vision blurred and my eye lids grew heavy and closed....The last thing I saw was Henry and Austin rushing down the stairs towards me.


© 2015 Tiffany


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

55 Views
1 Review
Added on May 24, 2015
Last Updated on May 24, 2015
Tags: Fantasy, Spiritual, School


Author

Tiffany
Tiffany

Singapore



Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Tiffany