Witching hour

Witching hour

A Chapter by annalysiar

...
Kocoum walked through the woods, looking for his maiden whom he would wed once he won this war in her honor. They would build a life; a sturdy house with sturdy walls. Children... Many many children marked with her beauty and wonder...
Kocoum's thoughts of the future were cut off by a light weight falling onto his back. Slender arms wrapped around his shoulders, and supple lips brushed against his cheek, making him smile through his clouded thoughts.
"You look so pensive. Is it the war?" came her musical voice with a light giggle. Kocoum gripped the backs of her knees as her legs snaked around his waist. The warrior offered a light chuckle to brush the foreign thoughts aside.
"I am envisioning how much yoi will drive me crazy, Princess." his baritone voice rumbled. The native princess frowned and tugged on his long black hair.
"I will not. You ground me as I guide you." she said lightly, making Kocoum laugh this time. She laid her head between his shoulder blades with a sigh.
"Promise you will come back to me Koco." She whispered. Kocoum halted in his movements and he put his princess down. Guiding her to face him he wrapped his hands around her slender arms. "I will follow the wind to find you, Pocahontas. It will be you and I until the end of time." Kocoum murmured, as he stroked her cheek. Pocahontas looked up at Kocoum from beneath her long eyelashes.
"I will win this war in your honor, Princess." Kocoum declared, "we will have forever." he promised, as he moved his hands to her shoulders.
"I am the mountain that grounds you, the wind. You are the fire which warms me, ice." The warrior said again making Pocahontas smile warmly at him.
"I will always come back to you, you are my home." Kocoum murmured as he ran a hand through Pocahontas's long black hair. Pocahontas untied her mothers wedding necklace, two blue painted animal bones which held a dream stone between two wolf fangs. Quite lovely, and difficult to make. A sign of her fathers devotion to her late mother. The princess tied her necklace around Kocoum's neck making his own brown eyes widen in surprise.
"War is vengeful, the promise of my love will guide you back to me with the wind." Pocahontas murmured, looking into his eyes...
"Always. I will always come back to you, Princess." Kocoum vowed as he dipped his head, giving into temptation and kissed Pocahontas with all the love he had...

The now eighteen year old Princess fell into her fathers arms once she reached the village. The native chief held his daughter close, praying to the spirits for guidance... How can he make his daughters pain go away? How can he make her feel better?
"He never took it off." Pocahontas whispered through her tears, as she let her father guide her into the hut where they kept Kocoum. Pocahontas kneeled at his side, sobbing all over again. She caressed his necklace and his lips, remembering again...their short lived love that was ripped away too soon.
"My daughter..." the chief started, unsure of what to say. Pocahontas didn't hear him. Her mind was lost to tender memories, whispering touches that danced around her...
Kocoum chasing her.
Kocoum taking her toys.
Her and Kocoum arguing, dancing, kissing, hugging...talking...
Whispering memories danced around her, teasing her, touching her, taunting her. The broken hearted princess was panting now as the air became thick with the past. With her maddening emotions. Childish dreams spun around her, just beyond her grasp. Innocent glances, hushed promises, daring challenges-
turning, spinning, tilting, teasing her with their tender relief from reality. Pocahontas put her hands on her head to stop the sensations that overwhelmed her senses, however the darkness clouded the young girls vision as her eyes rolled to the back of her head, And her world became black.


© 2016 annalysiar


Author's Note

annalysiar
I do hope I did this okay...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 24, 2016
Last Updated on November 22, 2016


Author

annalysiar
annalysiar

san antonio, TX



About
I'm a simple person normally the quiet person in the room. My thing is honesty... Trust and we're great. Where I'm from trust is all you have. I love to write and I love to read. I have horrible gr.. more..

Writing
Undo Undo

A Poem by annalysiar