Teddy Roosevelt Shows an Enemy of the State What America Stands For

Teddy Roosevelt Shows an Enemy of the State What America Stands For

A Story by John King

     The dark skinned man walked tiredly into the gas station. As he made his way to the men's room, he caught the eye of a middle aged man in a camouflage outfit who was until then inspecting some brand of beef jerky he was unfamiliar with. The bearded hunter straightened his back and watched the newcomer until he had entered the restroom and had disappeared behind the door. In the calm music filled room, the man approached the nearest urinal and made use of it.
     Just as he was in the process of zipping up his jeans Teddy Roosevelt burst in, swinging a big stick and screaming curses at the terrorized man.
     "Die, Kike killing Arab!"
     The man being assaulted was four foot seven, with glasses a half-inch thick and a fly half undone.
     As the he crumpled to the ground under the repeated blows from Teddy Roosevelt's big stick, Sam Rushdie awoke screaming in his bed, which was drenched in death sweat. He realized he was a Hindu. After a time reserved for slowing his heart, he got up to get a drink of water. He went down the stairs of his small two story house on the tips of his feet, thinking about the time that would be wasted for everyone if one or all five of his children should wake up scared of noises and their father had to come to their rooms and tell them boring stories to put them to sleep.
     In the kitchen, Rushdie watched out the window at the neighborhood his family had now really begun to call home after a year of getting comfortable. It was the suburban American Dream. Green lawns to trim and friendly All-American neighbors on every side. He was terrified of it.

© 2016 John King


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on September 20, 2016
Last Updated on September 20, 2016
Tags: Discrimination