Imminence

Imminence

A Poem by KirkAnthony
"

About the sobering qualities of anti-psychotics.

"
I never knew how s****y I looked until I stood in line at the pharmacy to pick up my meds.
The man in front of me looked at me strange but I was used to it, I guess.
But the overhead camera was on and I was in the spotlight, at least that’s how it seemed.
It wasn’t lying to me. It wasn’t giving me looks. It didn’t say anything. It just sat there and glared.

I guess I looked bad in drag. I guess I couldn’t rock green hair. I guess I needed to shave. I guess I
never should’ve pierced my lip. I guess I should’ve gotten more sleep. I guess I should’ve shaved more often.
Nobody tells you how bad off you are until you’re too far gone to make any real difference.
At least that was the case with me. Maybe I’m self-absorbed, but it was a real revelation.

I probly won’t get help. I probly won’t ask anybody to send me anywhere.
The looks I can handle, so long as I break all my mirrors and start washing my hair.
Maybe I’ll lose some weight. Maybe I’ll start to shave. Yeah, maybe that’ll clear things up.
And people wonder why they can’t get a date. Well, the world is vain and you can’t just run from it.

© 2014 KirkAnthony


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on February 9, 2014
Last Updated on February 9, 2014

Author

KirkAnthony
KirkAnthony

Natchitoches, LA



About
I'm Kirk and I'm a student at nsula. I'm studying film and literature and I like to write stories and things. Poetry sometimes, though I'm not too good. I'll post some stuff on here from time to time... more..

Writing