.:.Monday Night.:.

.:.Monday Night.:.

A Chapter by XxBurnXdownXtheXdiscoxX
"

Ch.2

"

 

 Walking home from school that day was different than any other days. First of all, all my thoughts were bouncing around in my brain. Second of all, I had to listen to Susan’s babbling along with my mind’s because Susan was coming over for a couple of hours to hang out.

 

“So then he was all like ‘stop putting your foot up my a*s, Susan’ and I was all like, ‘I wasn’t putting my foot up your a*s, you’re exaggerating.’ And then he’s like-”

 

“SHUT UP!” I cut Susan off and quickly cover my mouth. That did not mean to slip out. Susan falls silent, her eyes casting to the ground. “No, keep going Susan, I didn’t mean it…it’s just that with the Paul thing…And-and I’m so confused….And she’s out to get me.”

“Oh. Sorry, Cindy, I’ll shut up.” Susan says quietly, like a mouse standing before a cat.

“No, keep going.”

“Nah. You’ve heard enough of my girly crap, now it’s my turn to listen to you.”

“OK. Well…Holly asked Paul out and-”

“HOLLY ASKED PAUL OUT?! WHAT’D HE SAY??”

“Yes…” I whisper, tears gathering around my eyes. I quickly blink them away and stare at the ground.

“Oh. My. god. that little b***h…She knows you like Paul!”

“How?!” I asked.

“Um, Cindy…? It’s kinda obvious…”

Really?!

“Yep.”

“Whoa…”

“I mean, Holly’s my friend and all, but that’s pretty shallow.”

“Yeah…Anyways, what I was saying was, Holly asked Paul out, and they’re going to some restaurant on Friday…What am I going to do?”

“Well…” Susan stares at the Pavement, deep in thought. “THAT’S IT!”

“What?”

“The only reason she’s going out with Paul is because you like him! If she thinks you’ve lost interest, then she’ll just blow him off!”

“Good idea!!”

“I know, I’m a genius, bow down to the almighty Susan!!” I let out a sigh and roll my eyes.

“Oh yes.” I say sarcastically. Susan laughs and turns up my large driveway.

“I still can’t get over how cool those lion thingies are.” Susan says and runs her index finger along the hard marble of one of the stone lions at the end of my driveway.

“Yeah…C’mon.” I grab her hand and pull her up to the entrance of my Aunt’s house. Our butler, William, opens the door and bows.

“Welcome home young master and er Susan.”

“ALRIGHT! WASSUP MY HOME SHIZZLE!” Susan and William do their little handshake and We continue walking.

“You’re weird…” I smile and walk up the steps, two at a time.

“Yeah, I know.” I open the large door to my room and step in. Susan closes the door behind her and drops her back pack onto the polished marble floor, although you can’t really see the beautiful floor, just a pile of junk.

“You never did tell me why you moved in with your aunt.” Susan frowns and picks up a porcelain unicorn, examining it.

“Well, to make a long story short, My parents died in a fire.”

“Whoa. How can you say that without crying. I know I wouldn’t be able to do that.”

“I can hide emotions very easily.”

“True.” I walk over to my messy bed and plop my face into my pillow.

“Life sucks.” I say into the pillow and it comes out muffled.

“I second that statement.” Susan says like a professional and smacks her hand down on my desk, mimicking a judge. I laugh and sit up.

“So-” Susan starts and the phone rings.

“Got it.” I smile and pick up the cordless phone. “Hello?”

“Hey, Cin, what’s up?” I recognize the voice right away. Paul.

“Good. Why are you calling? You never call me.”

“Well, I just wanted to see what you’re up to.”

“No…Something’s wrong. That’s the only time you call.”

“Well…its just that…Idon’twanttogootwithholly,ijustdidittomakeyoujealous.” the last part of the sentence came out jumbled.

“What?!”

“Nothing…I’ll never like you…” Paul sighed and hung up.

 

 

 

My hand freezes and the phone slips from my fingers.

“What?! What is it?!” Susan asks and puts the phone to her ear. She makes a frustrated face and clicks the END button. “Tell me!” she cries. I can’t answer, my lips are sown shut with hurt and emotion. “Cindy? Cindy! Answer me! NOW!”

“He…” I whisper.

“He what?”

“He…doesn’t love me…” tears well up in my eyes. Susan wraps her arms around me, trying to comfort me, but failing.

“It’s okay.”

“How can you say that? You don’t know if it’s okay. You never will…” A fat tear rolls down my cheek. I watch it slide down my face and drop onto the carpet, leaving a little stain.

“I’m sorry, Cindy. You’re right. Would you like me to leave? I can walk, it only takes about twenty minutes.”

“No.”

“Yes, I’m leaving because you need some time alone. I know I would want to be alone if this happened to me. I’ll call my dad.” Susan reaches over and grabs the phone off of my night stand. She looks at me like I’m an idiot and then asks “Um, Cindy…? What are you doing…?” it takes me a moment to realize I’ve been glaring at the phone in her hands, my cause of pain.

“N-nothing!” I quickly blink the glare away and let my eyes settle on a poster directly across from me. It isn’t a band poster, like all the others in my room, but a quote.

‘There is no such thing as love or hate, just a mixture of both.’ I forget who said that…but it fits my life so well, it’s like the quote was meant for me. I hear a little beeping sound and Susan sets the phone down on my night stand.

 

“He’s going to be here in 5 minutes, he’s on his way back from the grocery store now.”

“OK.” I nod my head and stare down at my hands.

“Are you sure you’re OK? What did Paul say? Or dare I ask…?” Susan sits down on my un-made bed and looks at me.

“Well…if I can remember correctly, he jumbled something and then said, ‘Nothing, I’ll never-’” I choke on overwhelming tears, unable to finish my sentence.

“Aww.” Susan rubs my back and I let the tears run down my face.

“ -He said, ‘Nothing, I’ll never love you.’” I managed to finish my sentence. Susan gasps and punches the bed, she’s angrier than I am.

“That JERK! I can’t believe he said that to you!” Susan growls. I gasped and picked up the phone off the bed. “What?” Susan asks.

“My aunt- she has something installed into the phone, It records every conversation. But deletes it after five minutes. I think you have to press *45 or something…” Susan grabs the phone out of my hands and dials *45. Her face is serious as she presses a button and listens to our conversation. After about 2 minutes she sets the phone down and looks at me, her eyes wide.

“Do you know what he said?!”

“No, what?”

“He said-” BEEP! the honking of her father’s car interrupts her. “Ugh. have to go, Dad has a conference or something, so I have to leave right away. It’s really important but…I have to go.” Susan grabs her suit case off of the bed and hauls it onto her shoulder. “Bye.”

“Bye.” I smile sheepishly and watch Susan walk out the door, shutting it behind her. It seemed that after she left the room, my heart filled with sadness. How could he say that?! I love him so much it hurts…I just want to kill myself. I scream into my pillow and start to cry. This has been the worst day of my life.



© 2008 XxBurnXdownXtheXdiscoxX


Author's Note

XxBurnXdownXtheXdiscoxX
Next part to be out in about 30 minutes... ;P

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz publish the unpublished part thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx can't wait

Posted 15 Years Ago


so awe aome ao far

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

258 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 28, 2008
Last Updated on November 3, 2008


Author

XxBurnXdownXtheXdiscoxX
XxBurnXdownXtheXdiscoxX

Canada



About
My name is Kirsten and I am 13 years old. I like to write short stories and stories involving panic at the disco. Singing is my passion and I write songs and poems when I get bored XD I really don't l.. more..

Writing