Your Pound Of Flesh

Your Pound Of Flesh

A Poem by Kirsty Woodward

there’s something about men 

that I’ve come across 

are only sweet talkers

once the drink hits 


tell me, 

am I too intimidating 

you need the juice to boost your 

confidence 


or do you just need to see me through 

beer stained eyes 

to take me home anyway. 

© 2016 Kirsty Woodward


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I did not think my first review did this piece justice for that I am sorry. Only after reading it a second time do I find the words to give it a proper review. It is too true that most men need some form thing to cloud there minds to talk to some they may deem pretty. But that's why most men meet women in bars because there lips are loosened by the beer,whiskey,rum and any other drink they may partaking. But they also do it because it clouds there judgement and that of the lady the plan on taking home. But some men wish to get the ladys they plan on speaking to loosen a little faster with less talk. So men who drink to take you home and those who have you to drink to take you home. Are sadly very common. But if you wish to speak to a real person bar may not be the best of places to talk to such a person. I not saying you can't meet a nice guy athat a place with drinks it may just be harder to do so.

Posted 7 Years Ago


A telling reflection on the superficial relationships many men work up to when their inhibitions are loosed. I think it's all to do with their normal feelings of inadequacy - but with a drop of alcohol inside, their egos swell with their dicks... and the urge for relief takes over..

You see it clearly... Hold on to your self-respect :-)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Ah yes, a couple shots of whiskey or a couple beers and everyone looks good enough to take home. Sad really. Some need the confidence the alcohol gives them just to talk to others. Powerful! Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


WoW!!!!
strong words.......
if i am in presence of someone amazing......why would i want to numb my senses........but that's just me.....
amazing poem......calling out men on their stupidity.....
loved it!!!
:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Kirsty Woodward

7 Years Ago

Thank you thank you Pushkar. Lovely comment.
Pushkar Prabhat

7 Years Ago

my pleasure.........
Pushkar Prabhat

7 Years Ago

..........:) :) :)
very good.. it says what I sometimes wonder about men and women.. but I could say all that to alot of females from my point of view.. though I've yet to find any appreciative of poetry such as what I find on this site... such as this one you composed.. 100 points!!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Kirsty Woodward

7 Years Ago

Yes, that is very true. It does work both ways. Thank you Aleski.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 29, 2016
Last Updated on August 29, 2016

Author

Kirsty Woodward
Kirsty Woodward

Nottingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom



About
Instagram: kmwudd more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..