The Hallowed Halls

The Hallowed Halls

A Story by KitSydney

Life’s a paradox of the unexpected�"it takes you through a journey to the great unknown and shapes you through your own alterations. But even the desert, with its heated misgivings, hides an oasis of comfort and relief, and it’s only when you hold on to that single strand of faith that you realize that life’s true treasures can be found even in the greatest of ruins.

“Every person has a living myth buried in the unconscious�"the kind of story that can be revealed only when told through a tale.”

For any other girls of her age, any book with such opening lines is deemed to bring no good at all. But for her, it’s exactly the kind of story that would define her individuality.

Liesel is different, has always been since she started coming in to the library, a place she fondly calls “the hallowed halls.” In here, she finds solace and comfort zone that she’s never able to find anywhere else. In here, she finds a sweet fantasy as her escape from the bitter realities of life.

Then she continues to read until the end. Then she stops and closes the book. She hugs it to herself and makes the choice for the day.

“Dead-lock. That’s what happens when there’s a rebel within you that’s begging to burst free and the superficial that’s threatening to put a cork on it. And suicide’s the breakneck gameover,” the last sentence in the book says.

© 2014 KitSydney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on May 12, 2014

Author

KitSydney
KitSydney

Philippines



About
I love the simplicity in life and the beauty of it. And next to God, I believe that there are books which rank in our life with relationships and experiences. more..

Writing
Rain Rain

A Story by KitSydney


Open Book Open Book

A Story by KitSydney