Open Book

Open Book

A Story by KitSydney

The book that you’re reading may have kept you wishing for a life that’s too farfetched to be realized, but the figures that you’re sketching still show that even a little hoping can still work its magic on your dreams.

Her life in its being is a tragedy still in the making. Twenty-two years is not at all a difficult path to traverse, at least for some, but for her, it definitely is.

She was born at a time when human solidarity was still very much alive rather than inanimate, when life still held the word meaningful as its meaning rather than cliché, and when the people who used to love her dearly were still with her way too imaginably rather than too inconceivably. Like the fortunate few, she grew up a carefree teenager---smart, pretty, oblivious to the insecurities of the world, and sheltered from the bitter realities of life. She has motivated herself to do well in everything that she'll be doing, to the point of even misleading herself to the very idealism of life rather than the reality of it. Most of all, she has, wittingly or unwittingly, deprived herself of the fun and thrills that a girl of her age ought to have.

Yet, there were a number of times when she might have said to herself: I am just a simple girl who is in love with life, a simple body with its seasons of weariness, a simple soul with its moments of desired solitude, and a simple spirit with its share of simple joys. What then should I ask for from life when, after all, it has been kind to me for the most part of my life?

In a way or another, she knows that this realization is telling her that life is not just about keeping her sadness and joys to herself but also sharing these to others. When she realizes that there have always been ears to hear or listen, she knows that she can still become even better than before.

Now, at the moment then that she's trying to have a blank page filled out, twenty-two years’ worth of realization is beginning to hit her headfirst. All her life, she has waited for her story to be written for her. But the present’s another blank page on her open book, and now, it’s her turn to fill it in.

© 2014 KitSydney


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on May 12, 2014
Last Updated on May 12, 2014

Author

KitSydney
KitSydney

Philippines



About
I love the simplicity in life and the beauty of it. And next to God, I believe that there are books which rank in our life with relationships and experiences. more..

Writing
Rain Rain

A Story by KitSydney