The Black Death

The Black Death

A Story by Kitonic
"

Talk of a monster.

"
"Did you hear about the legend?" The old man said as he rocked back and forth in his chair.

"What legend papa?" His daughter replied while watching him by the fireplace.

"They say beyond those woods is an old forgotten temple. This temple was supposed to be buried deep beneath the earth for millions of years but for some reason it has stayed stagnant and untouched by human hands. In this temple dwells a creature known as The Black Death."

The little girl edged slowly towards her grandfather's rocking chair to sit down and listen closer to his story.

"Should this temple ever be disturbed The Black Death would be released to try and destroy all of humanity yet again." The crackle of the burning wood on the hearth seemed to roar in protest at this statement.

"P-papa, w-what does it look like?" The girl looked up with a slight shake in her voice.

The old man leaned back in his chair as he smoked from his corn cob pipe. He reminisced those horrible days how nearly everyone around him perished at the hands of The Black Death. Then it came to him.

"It. Is like an insect. Its body triangular and flat. Its six crooked legs snap with each step it takes. Its eyes are yellow and glow brighter when its about to catch its pray. Its mouth is on its underside it opens and leaks some dull yellow liquid capable of melting through steel. If it catches its pray it will latch on to them and inject them with something else. This causes the body to bulge hideously sometimes explode but ultimately die."

© 2018 Kitonic


Author's Note

Kitonic
Errors, thoughts, and just plain reviews would help.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 3, 2016
Last Updated on January 15, 2018
Tags: Fiction, Monster, Scary, Storytelling, Mystery