The Flip Side

The Flip Side

A Story by Kitonic

"RUN! THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THEM! GET IN THE HELI!"
The sounds of gunfire hitting rotted flesh flys through the air as a boy lays completely still on the ground. His clothes ripped and jacket torn. It was cold that morning as he was being taken away from his home to a safe haven away from the horde. The last thing he could remember was his mother being attacked by a crowd of strange looking people and now, the only thing he can think about is what he's going to eat for dinner. It wasn't long before he heard a voice call out to him, it slowly grew in the back of his mind.

"Eaaaaat, Survive, Live" It constantly repeated in his head until he found himself with bloody hands feasting on the large intestines of his neighbor's stomach. He looked upon his screaming face with tears in his eyes. He then ran to the only safe place he knew, the playground. This brightly colored carefree and fun place gave him a feeling of joy. A smile spread across his face as he went inside the jungle gyms and climbed about or when he used the slide to fall right into a pile of leaves, but he noticed something odd as he played.

His body was, at times, hard to move and more importantly he took a lot longer to catch his breath. He played until he forgot all about what happened but it left him on the playground gasping for air. He looked all around trying to remember what was missing from this place. It was extremely hard for him until it came in the form of his friends. He smiled at their faces but then quickly turned away at how they've changed.

Sue had always been known for her calm and relaxing smile which was now missing her lower jaw to leave only a dry tongue to hang in the open air. Baxter was known as the best video game player in school but now without his arms things have changed. The little boy hadn't tried to speak until now but when he did he noticed it was in growls and moans. It was strange to the boy but he could understand what they were saying.

"Baxter? Sue? What happened to you guys?" He growled.

When Sue spoke it came in breathy moans and gurgles that even the boy couldn't comprehend. He turned to Baxter looking very confused.

"She can't remember anything from yesterday and neither can I...I think we're zombies." Baxter snarled.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Matt, look around us. There are people walking around like they're from Dying Light! Some of them don't have arms or legs! Look at me! Look at Sue! What else could we be?!?" Baxter groans just as Sue gives a reassuring nod.

"B-but what are we go-Ah!"

"Eaaaaat, Survive, Live." A voice calls out in his mind.

Matthew stops his sentence as a pain rises in his stomach. He clutches it and thoughts of the last time he ate fill his head. His neighbor John was delicious the thick metallic taste of his blood and slimey internal organs flowing down his throat seemed like a dream to him. Picking up his head he saw his friends going through the same pain.

"Foooood. I'm so hungry!" Baxter groans.

"We need to find some food!"
Matthew said.

Sue could only scream and extend her tongue as she held her stomach in pain.

Sue groans to Baxter pointing and walking away from the playground.

"What's she saying?"

"I can smell it. Meat!"

© 2018 Kitonic


Author's Note

Kitonic
I had this on my mind for a while.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Not bad, this is a very interesting point of view of zombies. I like it You can make a bigger story out of this. Great work Kitonic.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kitonic

8 Years Ago

Thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 8, 2016
Last Updated on January 15, 2018
Tags: Kids, FlipSide, Point of View, Zombie