Chapter Four

Chapter Four

A Chapter by Kitty_Rawwr

Mainly it was the guys who decided.

 

I noticed as they talked it was Audrey and Sarah who weren’t paying any attention and caring a conversation about some kind of knew shampoo Audrey was using. Philip was the first to say he had to go. Before his mother got home. About twenty minutes later Audrey announced she was leaving and Kenny followed suit after Sarah said it was alright that she’d stay a while longer. The sun was still up and everything so it wasn’t too late. But in my opinion she more than overstayed her welcome. She and Cody sat in silence for a while. They were outside now on the back porch on the bench. It was dry now but the roof still had water dripping off it. Allen and Rachel had left to town to go shopping because Jerry was going to be here tomorrow. And Erick was upstairs doing whatever it is Erick does. So they were alone down her. In silence, Cody fidgeting and Sarah putting on a fake display of blushing every time she caught his eyes and they looked away from each other. I lay on the porch silently observing.

 

“So…um…you were quiet when we were discussing the project…” he said with a small smile making conversation. She blushed lightly and shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Well…I’m not very good at papers so…I’m okay with what every you want Cody. You’re really smart.” She said with a shrug and blush and looked to him with a small sheepish smile. Please! She was using him! I wanted to phase and tell him. Considered biting at her ankle but thought against it.

 

“…I’m not good at anything…I’m nothing” She said dropping her smile and turning from blushing to a sad depressed look that was totally faked. Surely Cody would see that�"catch the quick side glance she shot at him.

 

“W-what?! No…Sarah. You’re smart, funny, nice, and you’re really beautiful…” He said with an honest smile. Her eyes widened just as mine did. He fell for it! Idiot!

 

“Y-you really think I’m pretty?” She asked her eyebrows coming together and staring with large puppy dog eyes at him.

 

He nodded his own eyes wide with how close she got. They widened even further when she giggled softly then closed her eyes and leaned into him. her mouth puckered. He began breathing quick and was moving slightly away as she approached. I watched in horror as he debated whether or not to kiss her. Suddenly he stopped backing away and after a quick hesitation he moved forward. I felt myself stand as their lips met. She like clung to him. It was like she was attacking his face. Slowly but then it looked deadly. Her arms wrapped around him and I felt anger. My chest was tight. I also felt something else. It was the same something when I though of my brother thinking he maybe got to stay in human form. I felt jealous!   

 

In a panic I paced a couple seconds before I moved towards her as she moved onto the bench moving closer to him. I let out a low whimper attempting to get Cody to notice me. He didn’t. I went to her and let out a low growl. As it was ignored I got louder. She pulled away from him her eyes moving to me and going wide. I had my teeth bared at this faker. This fear in her face was not fake though. I was angry at her. She was just using him. He liked her. And she was taking advantage of it. She knew he liked her, I realized.

 

“C-Cody! C-c-call her off!” She squealed moving back against the window as she stood on the bench away form me.

 

“Colby! Knock it off!” He said lightly pushing me with his feet. I moved back away a little but a smug smirk appeared on her face as she looked at Cody as he stared at me. it was like she figured out that she could tell him to do anything. That’s what it looked like. I let out another growl this time a snarl baring my teeth allowing drool to seep. Her eye went wide as I moved forward going to nip at her feet and she let out a scream�"louder than necessary.

 

“COLBY!” I heard him shout.

 

But the next thing I knew after a short flight feeling weightless followed by impact of dirt and then followed by pain in my side I was lifting myself up. I was off the porch on the dirt below the stairs. It took second to register. I looked at Sarah who was clinging to Cody dramatically crying. And Cody who was staring at me frowning blocking Sarah slightly with his body. He was off the bench. And I knew he had either kicked me down, or shoved me. Either way it had hurt. But worse than the physical pain, was the fact that it was because of her.   

 

“What’s going on?!” Erick practically shouts running out the back screen door in his socks. He takes in Sarah and Cody and then looks to me frowning.

 

“N-nothing.” Cody says looking away from me and shaking his head. He grabs Sarah and moved her towards the back door and leads her inside. Before he disappears inside he stops and turns around to me.

 

“Bad!” He says with a stern finger like I was some dog. I feel my ears go back just the same. He had never hit me before. Never caused me any harm. If I ever got a “spanking” via a new paper it was by Rachel. He never raised his voice to me. Until today. And for her!

 

I stay outside a long while. Even when it started raining I stayed put a while until I was so soaked it felt like my coat was dripping with led. I moved to the porch shook off and then slumped. The sun had set and my internal clock was telling me it was about seven. I heard Allen and Rachel return about an hour ago. I didn’t bother getting up. I heard a hushed conversation follow near the back screen door between Cody and Allen after he had looked and saw I was moping outside. Cody explained slightly what had happened. Basically how I had scared Sarah and tried biting her feet and wouldn’t stop. Allen stayed quiet a while and I felt his eyes on me through the window. Then he asked how Cody handled the situation. He explained how he had kicked me in a panic. Allen stayed quiet and I felt footsteps walk away. I knew from the sound of the weight it was Cody. Allen soon opened the back screen door and sat on the bench. He was silent for a while but I felt him staring at me.

 

“You’re confused aren’t you girl?” He asked me in a whisper but knew I could hear. I lifted my ears and then my head and looked to him. he put on a small smile as he stared at me.

 

“You were just protecting you’re alpha…and you got punished. You’re confused why he hurt you huh?” he asked me in a serious tone. It was like the tone he had used when he was talking seriously. Like the time when he explained to the boys exactly how babies were made. It was rare for a serious tone. He sat in silence like he was waiting for me to answer.

 

“C’mon girl. Let’s get inside.” He said motioning to the door. He got up and held the screen open waiting for me. After a second I got up and walked inside. The smell of barbeque chicken filled the house. But I felt down and didn’t want to eat. Cody was sitting at the table as I entered the kitchen following behind Allen.

 

“I think she’s sorry Cody…” Allen said with a nod touching Cody’s shoulder firmly but gently. He looked up to his dad then to me. I looked away feeling hurt as I met his eyes. He stayed silent too.

 

“So does someone want to tell me what’s going on? why is a dog sorry now?” Justin asked sitting at the table completely confused.

 

“…she’s a wolf.” Cody corrected in a way that made it sound like he spit with disgust.

 

I stared up at him feeling even more hurt. I was suddenly glad I wasn’t in human form because I knew I would burst into tears. He sat frowning at the table playing with the placemat not even bothering to look down at me when a i let out a whimper. After a second of staring I turn and headed up the stairs. I went into the room and went straight to my bed in the corner of the room beneath the covers wanting to just disappear into the darkness and never come out.



© 2012 Kitty_Rawwr


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on January 29, 2012
Last Updated on January 29, 2012


Author

Kitty_Rawwr
Kitty_Rawwr

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Kitty_Rawwr


No Hope No Hope

A Story by Kitty_Rawwr


Shadow Shadow

A Story by Kitty_Rawwr