Chapter Three: Down By the Banks

Chapter Three: Down By the Banks

A Chapter by Karli
"

Chapter Three of The Magic In Me

"

    "I can't believe you didn't tell me!" Allison stormed into my room the next morning. "Jeremy's the one from Douglas?"

    "How did you know that?" I shot up in my bed, my heart racing.

    "Jared told me. It turns out I never invited him in the first place. You did." she angrily sat in front of me on my bed. "Jeremy's his brother, and they're from Douglas. I can't believe you didn't tell me!"

    "Allison, you would've gone crazy if I had told you. I didn't want to ruin your birthday." I frantically tried to explain. "If you really think about it, I did you a favor."

    "No, you didn't." she shook her head slowly. "Arabella, I'm your cousin! We're best friends! How could you have hidden this from me?"

    "Allison, you'd have me thrown in the dungeon for association with a Douglas citizen. Don't even try to deny it." I snapped.

    "Fine," she rolled her eyes. "Just promise me you won't see him again."

    "I promise." I lied, staring at the covers. "I won't see him again."

    "Good, then we're fine." she strolled out of the room.

 

 

    The plan was to meet Jeremy at the docks of the ocean around eight thirty, when it grew dark. As six o' clock came, I began to get restless. I remained in my room, searching for the perfect sundress to wear. I decided on a white haltered one, with gold strapped sandals to accent it.

    "Arabella, open up." I heard Allison knocking at my door.

    "Come on in," I threw my outfit in the closet.

    "We need to talk." She sat me down at my desk. "Jeremy's keeping secrets."

    "What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow.

    "I had dinner with Aunt Delilah, and she told me that we're having a meeting with the Douglas's council tomorrow. She told me that there were two princes named Jared and Jeremy Douglas." she explained.

    "What?" my eyes grew to quarters.

    "They are princes, Arabella." she confirmed.

    "Are you sure?" Guilt flooded me as my eyes turned to the pencil case on my desk.

    "The princes are brothers named Jared and Jeremy. I'm one hundred percent positive that's them, since they had to sneak into the ball." she explained. "I can't believe this. You really can never see Jeremy again."

     "I won't." I swore. He was so finished. "I'll talk to you later, I have things to do."

    "How about we do breakfast tomorrow?" she suggested.

    "Sure." I nodded as she walked out.

    I can't believe Jeremy didn't tell me. As much as I liked him, I couldn't be doing this. If he would've told me, I might have given him a chance.

    As eight o' clock came, I snuck out of the castle, feeling the wind rush through my curled hair. I removed my sandals and ran the whole way to the beach. As I arrived, no one was there. The sun was setting, as three dolphins leapt towards the sky. What a romantic night, huh?

    A few moments later, Jeremy came running towards me.

    "Hey," he was grinning. Damn it, I loved that smile. "Sorry I'm late."

    "Everyone has their busy days." I shrugged and crossed my arms. "Especially when you're royalty."

    "Pardon?" his eyebrow raised to his hairline.

    "Why didn't you tell me you're the prince of Douglas?" I snapped.

    "It doesn't matter." Wow, he didn't even try to hide it.

    "Yes, it does, Jeremy!" I glared at his eyes. "Our kingdoms hate each other!"

    "That doesn't mean we have to." he protested. "How did you find out, anyways?"

    "Don't worry about it." I rolled my eyes. "We're done here. I don't associate with liars, especially when I'm supposed to hate them, but I gave them a chance anyways."

    "Arabella," he sighed. "I didn't lie. I really liked you, and I didn't think it mattered where I was from, or what family I belonged to."

    "Well, it does." I frowned. "Besides, it's borderlined illegal for us to even be talking right now."

    "I don't care." he shrugged. "I really like you."

    "Yeah, well, I really liked you, until I found out you were prince of my enemy country!" I shot.

    "You know, you're kind of horrible." he shot back.

    "Oh, how's that?" I challenged.

    "You're judgemental, and stubborn. You like someone until you find out that they're from somewhere you don't like. You only associate with rich people from your own country. You're stuck-up, Arabella." he explained to me.

    He was right. I didn't even know why I was really mad.

    "I don't have to listen this." I couldn't argue. I just packed up my feelings, turned around, and began to walk away.

    "Wait," he grabbed my hand and pulled me back.

    I couldn't process anything as he pulled me towards him and kissed me urgently. I forgot about the situation, and found myself kissing him back.

    It lasted for a while.

    "Okay, we can give this a chance." I gave in.

    "How's that?" our finger intertwined as we spoke.

    "Well, my family has a meeting with your family tomorrow. So, tomorrow night, we can come out here?" I brainstormed.

    "Sounds perfect." he smiled and kissed me once more.

    "I'll see you tomorrow?" I reluctantly released his hands from my firm grasp.

    "You will." he grinned. "We just have to be careful not to defend each other, or be nice at all."

    "I swore to Allison I wouldn't see you again." I admitted.

    "Then we'll really be careful." his deep colored eyes gazed into mine.

    Somehow, I already knew I'd fall for him eventually.

    "Bye." I attempted to wipe the blissful smile off my face. He leaned down and kissed me once more as I scurried back to the castle.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2011 Karli


Author's Note

Karli
This story (and series) is going to get very dramatic, but I'm trying to build it up slowly. Also, this chapter will be longer once I edit this book.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so cute!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Please add more. This is a really good book and I really enjoyed reading it.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 15, 2011
Last Updated on February 15, 2011


Author

Karli
Karli

About
My name is Karli. Jesus. Youth Ministry. Europe. "He has told you what is good...do justice, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God."-Micah 6:8. more..

Writing