Coyote Rodeo - Prologue

Coyote Rodeo - Prologue

A Chapter by Klafarius

In 3588, the Molstaz Assembly launched the first of it’s attacks against the World of Wachippe. It laid waste to the inhabitants without remorse or consideration. For the first time the Wachippian people fought together and drove the invaders back to the skies by what was believed to be the shear power of will and determination. The celebrations lasted for a week. Then the day of rain, when fire fell from the skies and consumed the earth and everything around it. After the rain stopped the soldiers returned. In the years that followed we were forced to exploit the world that gave us life. Carving resources from the ground that once sustained our forefathers to feed the might of the Molstaz. Then in 3640, 52 years after the final call resounded from the once magnificent Capital city of Aldiron into the heavens. Help arrived. The Kamosian ship, Resonance of N’hlimbre, appeared and unleashed the Hand of B’lrume. Without quarter the ship destroyed the Molstazian fleet and sent their Mechanized Hand to the world and destroyed the Molstazian Garrisons. Seeing their chance the people fought again. When the fighting finally stopped so did the Hand which delivered it’s message. “Rebuild and protect. This we give unto you.” A light shone from the Resonance and a single flame burned across the sky. The Hand fell silent. The lights from the ship above ceased and the Resonance fell into slumber. Two years passed while the people waited for reprisal. But none came. Then slowly the Wachippians began the task of rebuilding.


Now it is the year 9573 and the scars of war have healed. Where once were craters, there are now ponds and lakes. Where once there were strip mines, now there are forest covered mountains with great chasms filled with all manner of wildlife. And what of Resonance you may ask? She still sleeps peacefully in the heavens. Her Hand standing silent and still, guarding the long forgotten cities and non-existent Molstaz garrisons across the world. Some worship them as gods. Some fear them as Devils yet to be reanimated for more destruction. Most though pay them no attention and move through life partially ignorant of the part they played in history so long ago. But Tierwan, Goddess of Fate, is a cruel mistress and though we stand at the pinnacle of Wachippian society and technological mastery all it would take is a single leaf falling from the Quelna Tree to tip the balance and bring the darkness back.


Froche Calistair-Tay " Speech to the People and Ruling Council " Remembrance Day



© 2016 Klafarius


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on September 14, 2016
Last Updated on September 19, 2016
Tags: Prologue, Coyote, Rodeo