Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by J.M Selleck
"

Jetlagged, Watari returns to Wammy's House with it's newest resident.

"

The chilly night air, crisp and clean, smelt strongly of fast approaching rainclouds. The sky had closed its curtains to the moon and the stars, smothering the ground below in a thick blanket of darkness. It was because of this, headlights of the orphanage car illuminated the front of Wammy’s House and its driveway so spectacularly.

The silver vehicle rolled gently next to its garage neighbours, growling to a standstill which left a loud silence in its wake.

 

Quillish Wammy, also named Watari and founder of the magnificent orphanage which beckoned them, let out a deep sigh from the driver’s seat. It had been a long few days, flying to and then from the city of angels with hardly a breath in between. His aged and wizened gaze flickered to the rear view mirror, trained on the small figure unsticking his sleep crusted face from the car window.

 

“We’ve arrived,” he said to the child behind him, who merely gave a nod of his head. Dark, intelligent eyes darted to every corner of the garage as Watari led him from the car, gripping the man’s hand tight with nerves. The other aged fingers carried a manila envelope, two words printed boldly on the front;

Beyond Birthday.

 

Watari felt a sense of déjà vu as he led the way towards the warm entrance. It felt like only yesterday another white-as-china hand had curled around his, and a raven black head of hair smiled up at the beautiful entrance doors.

It had been overcast then, too.

 

“Do you own this building?” Watari was asked as they walked past the entrance plaque reading ‘Wammy’s House’.

“No. The children own the orphanage. Roger and I merely supervise and run it,” he replied with a chuckle.

“You own the building, though,” he stated not as a question, but a fact.

“Yes, I own the building. Why do you ask?”

“No reason. I just thought so,” was the only reply he got. Once again, he was forced into a sense of déjà vu upon finding the child’s train of thought impossible to follow. Unbeknownst to him, ‘I thought so’ wasn’t exactly what Beyond meant in his reply. ‘I know so’ would have been more accurate.

 

He’d matched the names up from a plaque, and the space a foot above Quillish Wammy’s head.

 
-tbc-
By J.M Selleck


© 2008 J.M Selleck


Author's Note

J.M Selleck
Ohh, I truly enjoyed writing that conversation. I dunno why, but it just ammused me.
Well here you go, folks.
The first chapter will involve BB having the Wammy ways (lol!) explained to him, as well as his first meeting with After Always.
If i'm getting out of character, please let me know.
And as always, reviews are always very muchly welcomed. I absolutely LIVE for my reviews XD

One last note about the title - I have one in mind, but i have a rather shocking mental blank at the moment. It's something incorporating an alternative word for "Alphabet", but i can't for the life of me think of it...

Beyond Birthday and 'A' (c) NISIOISIN
Death Note (c) Ohba and Obata

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on May 18, 2008
Last Updated on May 20, 2008


Author

J.M Selleck
J.M Selleck

Perth, Australia



About
Where to begin... I have no idea, eh. I love Death Note, and Final Fantasy (s'pecially Advent Children), and Kingdom Hearts (I love the couples like RikuxSora and LeonxCloud... S'pecially LeonxCloud .. more..

Writing