Prologue: Known Dragons of Shiveryn

Prologue: Known Dragons of Shiveryn

A Chapter by Knight
"

A list of the dragons and where they are usually seen in society. This list will be edited until the story is done.

"

Greater Dragons

Elementals: Dragons found all over the world with their unique element. Most likely to speak.

Earth: Usually found in the forests and mountains, is one of the more common dragons. They have wings only large enough for gliding. They are usually hired for their strength in pulling carts, transports, or farming. Most Farmers keep Earth Dragons in trade; the dragons help work the land, which grows crops and livestock for the farmers, and the Dragons get a cut of the livestock and the gold. Coloring; Earthy colors from browns to greens. They have no fire breath but large claws and a rock hard spade on their tails. 

Fire: Often hired for the law enforcement because of their fierce behavior. Is a bit rarer to find as they like hotter climates, but are protective of their charges. Their large wings give them speed in the air while their hind legs give them speed on the ground. Coloring; from coppery-red to yellow-gold. Fire breathing.

Water: Is usually hired for their Fish Herding skills. Look much like the Earth dragons, but with wings fused to their body like large extra fins and a flat tail like crocodiles. Coloring; Blues and foam greens. They have pockets behind their jaws in their mouths where they store water, which heats up to near boiling from the friction when released in a kind of Water Breath.

Air: Hired as air transportation. Is more playful, much like dolphins. Large wings able to carry them far distances on the slightest breeze. Their scales are more like hard feathers, light weight. Coloring; nearly all colors, but mostly a pastel color. Black being a rare color on an air dragon. Has no breath type, but its shriek is like a Sonic Boom. 

Major Dragons: The Royals and rare breeds

Precious Metal Dragons: Dragons who's scaled are much like Precious Metals, and were once prized hunting trophies. Their scales are harder, and their wings are thinner, close to transparent. The Metals; Gold, Silver, Copper, and Bronze. They’re the ones known for their intellect, usual assistants for teachers.

Gemstone Drakes: Dragons that are colored as the Different gemstones. They’re small, more like small horses and usually stay in pride groups. Their scales match those to the gemstones and are just as radiant. Are usually prized companions to aristocrats or barons.

Shadow Dragons: Are one of the rarest of dragons. They are usually stationed in the Palaces, as assassin companions. They protect the royals in the background, though some are known to be captured by the Slayers and used as mounts.

Royals: The royals are regal dragons, with the female as the head. Their colors are usually red and cream in color, the Royal Blood, and Ivory to be exact. They are able to hold a human form easily and are masters at Magic.

Major Glass wings: These dragons are more or less the royal advisors of the kingdoms, and aid all the royals and the Alpha dragons that rule the different kingdoms. These dragons are usually mistaken as Shadow dragons at first glance thanks to their darker colors, but they have six wings and mystic eyes. They are said to see into the future by reading the stars. 

Picasso Dragons: Known for their coloring, the Picasso Dragons are usually dragons that choose their families and stay with that family for the rest of his days. They come in all colors, but one dragon would be only two to three colors; For example, they would be mainly white with splotches of color, making them look like an artist had painted their white scales. They were favored by the native Americans (Pecians) who saw them as a guide from the spirit world having taken a flesh form.

Minor Dragons: Non-speaking dragons, but are still close companions to Humans

Siberian Psychics: Usually found with thick fur ranging from silver to lavender in color, these dragons have the ability to sense another emotions and thoughts, and some even communicate via telepathy. Often used as therapy dragons where the victim cannot trust other humans by sympathizing with the human in need and giving comfort. Is no bigger than a maniac cat.

Minor Glass Wing: These dragons are said to be able to predict weather patterns by watching the clouds. They come in many colors but are often darker pastels. Their wings, though still sturdy, are nearly transparent.

American Runners: These dragons are as tall as a stallion at the shoulders, have no wings, but long powerful legs for running. Are usually found on farms of richer families and for ground transportation, and for legal racing. can reach up to 85 mph. Are usually all sorts of colors, much like horses, and can understand speech, but people must train and study to understand their body language.

Pixie Dragons: The smallest of dragons, usual companions to children, never bought but found in the wild. No bigger than small birds

Peach Pixie: usually peach and light green in color with a small amount of fuzz over the scales to keep annoying insects from the sensitive skin. Is the friendliest of the Pixies, often found flocking in trees and hanging from their tails with their wings wrapping around them, making them look like peaches.



© 2017 Knight


Author's Note

Knight
This is just a list of different dragons. I'm always looking for more dragon breeds to add so let me know what kind of dragons you'd like to see.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on March 4, 2017
Last Updated on April 11, 2017
Tags: dragons


Author

Knight
Knight

Denver, CO



About
Hello! I'm Knight. I'm 25 years old. And I'm a sucker for fantasy and fiction writing. I've always wanted to write a story all my own, but I haven't been able to get a good story going besides fan fic.. more..

Writing