Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Kiani
"

Fallyn isn't the luckiest girl in the world so when her trip to the airport goes bad she thinks nothing of it.Halfway through the flight the plane goes down and leaves Fallyn stranded with stranggers.

"

Do you ever have those days were everything goes wrong? For example this morning I woke up bright and early to get ready for a trip. I had everything packed and waiting by the door so I could take a quick shower then leave. Of course when I went to turn the water on nothing came out. I quickly pulled my brown hair into a pony tail and added a little lip gloss to my lips. Then out the door I ran saying goodbye to my mom and little brother and got in the car. “Fallyn don’t wreck my car or I’m taking your license!” my mother managed to yell before I sped off. Halfway to the airport I ran out of gas and had to call a tow truck. By the time it came I had already missed my flight but I thought I should try to catch the next one. Finally I was through security and waiting for the plane to board. Lucky for me I got to sit next to a woman and her twin toddlers, a sweaty fat guy and a younger woman who looked like she was about to puke. There was one guy who stood out from the others. A tall black haired muscular guy who was probably in his early twenties sat across the aisle from me. We made eye contact once then he went to reading his book The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo which happened to by one of my favorites. About an hour into the flight I decided sitting between these people would cause me to go insane. I finally got up and sat a seat away from him. “I see you’ve finally had enough of the innate individuals over there” I can still hear him saying in a low but gentle tone. We talked about numerous things that we both had in common and discussed literature. Ryne was his name and he had been visiting his aunt in Wilmington. Our talk had moved into our personal life and I discovered he was indeed only twenty one. Everything was great except the turbulence. I looked out the window and noticed we seemed to be getting closer to the ground, the pilot came over the sound system and recited safety precautions and briefly said what was going on. Before I could process any of the information everything went black. Crying and yells of pain snapped me out of my trance. My head was pounding and blood trickled down my forehead. Ryne had grabbed me and held me in his arms to protect me from the impact. His arms stayed firmly on my back moving a little with each of his breaths. “Ryne” I tried to say before I passed out but I failed. When I woke up it was dark and the beaten carcass of the plane was off in the distance. As I tried to move pain shot through my arm and I fell back. “Careful now you don’t want to hurt it more” Ryne’s voice cooed. Now that I was awake I became aware of the large fire in front of us. All nine of the passengers were huddled around keeping warm and barely saying a word. All my senses returned to normal as I examined my surroundings. To the left was the now empty plane and debris. To the right was beach that led to a cliff or hill. Behind I could hear insects and animals moving so I assumed it was a forest. Then in front of us was the peaceful ocean and a full moon lighting up the sky. Then reality hit in I was stranded on an island with people I didn’t know and I had no way of knowing if we would be rescued or not. “Fallyn calm down everything will be ok.” Ryne said and placed a hand on my lap. I leaned back into him and took a closer look to my surroundings. The twins were cuddled up to their mother sleeping while she looked around anxiously. The large man was sitting with the younger woman and they seemed to be having a good time despite what happened. One flight attendant sat alone closer to the ocean while the other one walked down the beach. “Maria!” Ryne’s cold voice shattered the silence and startled everyone. The flight attendant stopped walking then turned around and looked at the group. Ryne's body grew tense and he clenched his fist “Maria now” he yelled again clearly angry. The girl looked back as if to mock him then ran off. With my good arm I grasped Ryne’s hand and tried to hold him back. He pulled away and went running down the beach into the darkness. A tear fell down my face as the darkness started to creep up. Ryne was my protection and now that he was gone I felt more scared than ever. “Hey I’m Jane” the young blonde said while sitting down next to me. “Fallyn” I said and continued to look at the sand. “You don’t need to be upset Ryne will be back soon. That’s the fourth time he’s had to run after her today anyways  how long have you two known each other?” she asked. I looked up confused then realized she was talking to me “Who me and Ryne?” I asked. She nodded with a grin on her face “I just met him today actually” I said then looked to see if Ryne was coming back. “No way! He’s totally all over you. He hasn’t left your side since we well you know... Well he did run after Maria but anyways I could have sworn you guys were dating.” She said surprised. Right at that moment three shrieks echoed through the forest then it went completely silent.  Ryne walked out from behind carrying a resisting Maria. “Let me down! I demand you let me down!” she screamed with a Spanish accent. Ryne did as she asked and dropped her to the ground. “Next time you try to run off like that I’m not coming after you.” He said fiercely then walked away from her. “Ryne what’s going on?” I asked. He looked down and shook his head then cleared his throat “Excuse me! I know everyone is scared and confused but we really need to set out some ground rules. First I don’t want anyone leaving the camp alone and without telling me where you are going. You should always have another person with you. Second I don’t want there to be fighting or arguing. I realize you might be stressed but arguing only makes the situation worse. Third I will be in charge of food and drink. Right now we have enough food for a week and plenty of water. I hope everyone gets a good night sleep because we will be working hard tomorrow.” Ryne said like he had rehearsed hundreds of times. Everyone settled down and eventually fell asleep. Ryne sat up and held me close while throwing wood into the fire whenever it need it “you act like you’ve done this before” I said joking. Ryne looked down. His eyes showing a slight sadness “I have” he replied then went back to poking at the fire. Why do I feel such an attachment to this guy I just met? I looked up at him again trying to see if there was something familiar about him. “Get some rest you’ll need it” He said and pulled a blanket from off the plane and covered me up. Eventually I too fell asleep while lying on his chest. 



© 2011 Kiani


Author's Note

Kiani
Tell me what you think and I'll try to post more :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

its up finally well u no what i think of it AWESOME

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
1 Review
Added on May 7, 2011
Last Updated on May 16, 2011
Tags: Late, Bad luck, Plane crash, Comfort, Stranded, Leadership, Ryne, Fallyn


Author

Kiani
Kiani

Zagon, Suwalki, Poland



About
You can call me KiKi. I'm sixteen years old and like to write romance and fiction stories. I live in Poland during winter and fall. I'm outgoing and will talk to anyone. I love to just sit and write o.. more..

Writing
A Life Lost A Life Lost

A Poem by Kiani