ONE

ONE

A Chapter by Kohleen

May 15, 2009
It’s been three weeks since the walking dead epidemic exploded out into the public eye. 504 hours of chaos, confusion, and death.
The president claims they have it under control; they’re only lying to themselves.
The swell of zombies has spread like wildfire, already halfway across the states. Some people even say the entire island of Hawaii is contaminated, not a living soul in sight. That’s where it started apparently, then somehow traveled across water to California.
Now the government has started sweeping the entire U.S., marking all the breached areas. Occasionally there’ll be an outbreak in some town and the police will be called in to take care of it before they light another spark, creating a whole new wave. Though it seems their way of ‘taking care of it’ often [always] means the extermination of the source. Entire towns simply disappearing from the map. And I get it, I mean, there isn’t a cure yet. So I suppose extermination must equal the only cure we’ve got.
They’ve been through our town already; searching for any unknown stream of the disease. The Sweepers is what we call them. With oxygen masks, black, skin tight biohazard suits, and assault rifles, they could almost remind you of some kind of alien.
When Sweepers go through a town, marking infected homes with big red X’s and leaving with shiny black body bags, it makes you question how bad it really is.

The news doesn’t tell you what they do with the bodies, which only makes you wonder a little more.


© 2012 Kohleen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Intriguing. I like the first person pov, like you're really in danger and mystery. I don't read a lot of this type of story, so I really appreciate this. NEXT CHAPTER!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Really interesting, good work! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2012
Last Updated on August 5, 2012


Author

Kohleen
Kohleen

WI



About
Lets see here, I'm a red haired country girl who loves to write and loves to love. And in my opinion, being loved back isn't such a bad thing. I'm the clumsiest person you'll ever meet and fully exp.. more..

Writing
Lost Girl Lost Girl

A Story by Kohleen


Moonlight Moonlight

A Poem by Kohleen