Chapter 1 Grumpy beginnings

Chapter 1 Grumpy beginnings

A Story by KKonra
"

A princess awakes to see that her father is about to send her on a journey to see if she has what it takes to rule

"
{indent} The girl lay in the vast fluffy bed surrounded by jewels and fine cloth, as though she hadn't a care in the world. "Ms. Zara I need you to get up, this is the umpteenth time I've tried to wake you," A slender man said in a gruff voice.
The girl opened her left eye first revealing the crest of her family, Zara's voice was soft as cotton, " Tobin, what do I owe your visit so early in the morning?"
{indent}" Ms. Zara his Excellency King Ados(revenge) summoned me to retrieve you, this is all I know at the time so please bear with me.
Zara got out of bed at a snail's pace, she straightened her fleecy hair and dawned her gown, it had golden white trimmings and sleeve cuffs.
Zara and Tobin walked down the grand hallway to the king's chamber
{indent} "Ms. Zara please do behave yourself in front of your father be careful not to displease him."
Tobin opened the large double doors leading to the king's chamber, and the two continued into the room until they were blinded by a man adorned with light wrapped in a black cloak. His throne was much larger than him and far too bright for something of his taste.
{indent} "Zara," The man's toneless voice called.
{indent} "Yes father?"
{indent} "Zara, my only daughter, the next in line for your mother Queen Stina's throne."
{indent} "Father I've already come to terms with that, I am already able to rule I was trained from a young child to rule, I also wield my power as so."
The king starts to chuckle.
{indent} "Zara, my dear child, you've yet to learn what it truly means to rule, and your power is to be feared by that of a mear mortal but as queen, darker entities will always try to have their way with you, to them your power is that of a cool breeze, nothing."
{indent} "Father what do you mean?"
{indent} "Silly child you still understand nothing, do you? Our family has retained its honor for year's on end, and I'm worried about how your rule over the kingdom will go, you've been far too pampered in your life, You could never handle the trails and tribulations of war and your too distant from your people, They have never heard you even speak child.
{indent}" Father what do you think I should do?" The girl's voice started cracking as though she was about to shatter like glass, Was everything she had once known a lie?
{indent} "Worry not my child I would never call you in here to break you down to pieces I've been working on a plan. Child if you still feel you are up to the task to rule I would like you to travel our land and gain followers from the many tribes, this will prove to me that they trust you enough."
{indent} "This sounds entirely too easy there must be some catch."
{indent} "I never claimed that the people would follow you blindly. You are also my only heir to the throne meaning your invaluable and it would be best to shelter you, but since that's out of the question, I will supply you with a personal guard.
{indent} " Father, what would be wrong with Tobin or with me, I've known him since I was born and need no 
protection."
{indent} "Tobin is old and frail, and your strength alone cannot solve all the problems you'll face that is why I handpicked and tested knights until I stumbled on him. He was the only knight able to hold his own against me in battle. The fact that scares me the most is that he is but a child the same age as you."
A boy come's from behind the king's throne, and present's himself to princess Zara, his appearance is that of an average child.
He wears no armor nor shield only a single blade.
{indent} "My name is Konra, I am a child knight, and I must help you along the way and protect you with my life if necessary." "This is my only duty."The boy's confidence radiated in his words
{indent} "Father; this child is nothing to me? He doesn't carry himself like that of a knight who could oppose you. I could easily defeat him."
{indent} "Konra, Please show my daughter why I selected you to protect her. Zara, prepare yourself for his incoming attack."
Konra and Zara look at each other from across the room. King Ados signals them to begin their sparring match.
{indent} "Father I hope you can find a replacement if I get out of hand." The girl said in a thick voice.
{indent} " Steel is my soul and blades is my body, the sword is the only way I can survive. May steel guide my path," the boy chanted this to himself readying his sword.
{indent} " Little princess you can have the first strike. Ladies first isn't that how the saying goes." The boy's tone was sarcastic.
The crest on Zara's eye starts to glow, and the flames in the king's chamber extinguish, The atmosphere grows cold.
{indent} " Konra, Please do remember that my daughter is very precious to me so do try to be gentle."
{indent} " Yes, of course, I'll end this swiftly as too not get too excited from battle."
Pillars of ice come from the ground racing at Konra
{indent} " See if you can take this little boy!"
Konra's grip on his sword tightens as he hear's the girl call him short.
{indent} " Single style one swipe."
The ice racing towards the Konra crumbles as though something has stricken it, Konra sheaths his sword again.
{indent} " This is the end of this fight," the boy said while smiling as though the outcome had been decided.
{indent} " What do you mean you haven't even laid a finger on me, you under resti--" The girl fell to the floor with a quick thud.
{indent} " That was rather exciting Konra, I have judged you well. You have exceptional skill with the sword. I have complete faith that you will be able to protect my daughter."
The boy bows to the king
{indent} " Thank you, my dearest king from the bottom of my heart."
Tobin rushes in and takes Zara back into her bedroom while King Ados outlines Konra's mission.

© 2018 KKonra


Author's Note

KKonra
Tell me what you think of my chapter and what I could change.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on February 20, 2018
Last Updated on February 20, 2018
Tags: anime, adventure, light novel

Author

KKonra
KKonra

North Little Rock, AR



About
I'm a teen writer that's just testing the waters here. I mostly write about fiction cause I look at alot of anime and have crazy idea's for an anime series. When I'm not writing I'm probably playin.. more..

Writing