A Heavy Eyelid

A Heavy Eyelid

A Poem by Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska

My last line of life

has broken in me.

The silence became the penance

of the missing.

 

The left thought hurts me,

the black word interferes with

my humble journey.

I lift a heavy eyelid, time plays with

my loneliness.

 

My heart lied to you again,

the truth is dedicated to

the innocent.

I still dance on this slushy, soft dance floor,

although I have no sense

of rhythm. A melancholy has arisen

in the chink in the heart,

which is hard to get rid of.

 

Lord, we still long for your presence,

we miss your body,

your blood shed in vain.

My remorse fell into insomnia,

fear taught me true prayer.

 

I wanted to write a farewell letter,

but at the last minute forgot to send it.

Loneliness is for those

who don't need this world.

© 2022 Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
;)
Having read a few of your poems now, it is quite evident you know what you are doing. You have the template and you fit your words to the theme consistently while changing up the metaphors. Having read a few, it just feels like reading the same poem over and over again. Same theme, different metaphors and descriptions. Collecting for a book of similiar themed poems would make sense. Otherwise, I feel you are selling yourself short. Lost love and loneliness, yes. We all suffer from it. There is more to life, though. Branch out your themes. It's a cruel world with plenty of themes to hit upon. Don't become the typecast poet. Broaden your words into the poetic horizon. There must be more you can see and feel around you that is worth putting into words. Sorry for the nitpick. You have the skillset, obviously. I just call it as I see it without licking asses to boost egos.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Loneliness is for those who no longer need this world...
The last time I read anything like this, a friend had left a final note. I rarely visit the stone that bears her name anymore.
I'm glad you forgot to send this letter. You leave such profound thoughts behind when you visit the cafe.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Oh gosh, where to start... decided to read three or was it four of your poems while working out on the elliptical machine earlier today.
I must say I am blown away by your words or the use of your words..
I am rereading each one as I review..
Each seemed like an endless struggle to understand our existence.
Dealing with sadness and loneliness..
I will read them again now..
Your last line is mesmerising.. Loneliness is for those.......
Lisa, now in Spain


Posted 2 Years Ago


The only thing vain is a life lived that doesn't benefit others. As for myself, I'm just a sojourner and a pilgrim traveling between the two great eternities. Carry on dancing. Maybe others will find the rhythm for you or learn to hum the tune. Loneliness is a symptom of life like pain and suffering. There is no monopoly on pain but it lets us know we are still here and still human. Even the lost can be found. Even the wayward can find the path. Sometimes we stumble in the dark and only need the light to guide our way. I enjoyed this write very much. Highest marks.

Posted 2 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 17, 2022
Last Updated on March 18, 2022
Tags: loneliness, life, soul, death, hope, light, emotions, love, fear, pain

Author

Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska
Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska

Olsztyn, Poland



About
Hello! My name is Katarzyna Anna Koziorowska, I live in Olsztyn (Poland). I am thirty-one years old. I am interested in music and literature. ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE! more..

Writing