Willingly

Willingly

A Poem by Anaisa

She's like spring. Eternal in her beauty. Immortal in her love. For she loves me like the spring. Gentle and quick and devotedly sweet with a hint of rain... a sublime vibrant violet in all its royal glory. And I can't help myself.

I am winter. Eternal in my control. Immortal in my love. I call to her with swirling shards of ice and frost and hail. My arctic touch enveloping her fully. Majestic in its wonder... And she can't help herself.

Willingly she comes. Enticed with the promise of snow castles and mistletoe kisses. Of hearths and hot cocoa. Of morning sled rides and the fresh smell of pine. Of long nights under warm sheets next to a beating heart.

Upon a bed of twinkling snow, lies a violet. Shivering and hanging on to its petals, enveloped in the cold caress of winter. Slowly withering in her desperate attempt to cling to her cold companion. And they can't help themselves. Immortal in their love. Willingly they go.

© 2018 Anaisa


Author's Note

Anaisa
What do you think? What did you feel when you read it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful to read words coming from such a romantic heart.
A lovely, endearing poem
Well done...


Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anaisa

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much for your kind words. :)
This is gorgeous. I felt warm and I felt intrigued. I was enchanted by the comforting and alluring imagery and excited to read each line after the next. I really love your work, and I can't wait to see more :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Anaisa

5 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your reviews :)
Lost

5 Years Ago

Any time :)
Alisha

5 Years Ago

Loved your writing!!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 2, 2018
Last Updated on August 2, 2018
Tags: Love, bittersweet, eternity, forever

Author

Anaisa
Anaisa

PA



About
I love to read. I used to love to write just as much. Trying to get back to that. I welcome any constructive criticism or opinions and will be happy to do the same :) more..

Writing
There I'll Be There I'll Be

A Poem by Anaisa